A Thing of the Past

Start from the beginning

Those two ended up chattering the whole way back as we escorted the wasted students to Nurse WHO, who went off in another fit of rage.

"What kind of nut job gets so drunk that they can't function properly in a school environment?! You could have been seriously hurt or hurt someone else!"

Nurse WHO really looked like she needed a break.

Finally, we all gathered in the Headmaster's office where AU would stay. Five immediately made himself comfortable and plopped down on the squishiest armchair.

"This was my favorite chair," he sighed as he sunk into the soft cushions, "I always sat here when I came to this office back when I was a student here. Hey, might as well relax when you have a snarling old man scream at you."

"And how often was that?" America raised an eyebrow."

"All the time," AU replied with a smirk tugging at her lips, "I used to work as an office helper and I can confidently say that his butt virtually never left that seat."

"Hey! That's because you never saw me when I would sneak away! It just goes to show how skilled I am!"

They began to bicker again and all I could do was watch. America looked like he was enjoying himself and Russia just had a blank stare on his face. I motioned to America and pointed at the two adults, "Hey uh... what's up with those two?"

The American shrugged, "I don't know the details but they used to be somewhat like rivals until Five lost an important bet between them. He was so embarrassed that he refused to be around AU anymore and became an agent on Earth while she became the head of the African Branch. Some other things happened that got them on each other's nerves but that's all I know."

"Anyways," Five coughed when he finally realized that we were waiting, "What were you going to discuss with us, Germany?"

I stepped up and pressed a button next to the switch, showing the list of CAS candidates. A few names changed to yellow and dimmed as I waved my hand over the screen. AU frowned and walked up beside me to peer at the list as it scrolled down slowly.

"So is this what I think it is? Are these the students you recommend me choose from?"

I nodded and she scanned through each of the names.

"The ones I highlighted in yellow are the ones I believe might have a better chance at the CAS, but it is really up to you to decide."

"Yup," Five piped in as he flipped upside down on the couch with his head dangling off the seat, "Cause we all know who the most judgmental old hag here is!"

...(one argument and a chase around the room later)...

AU smoothed out the folds in her clothes and cleared her throat, "I will look through things, yes. Thank you Germany. If everything is ok now, you are dismissed. Five, stay behind. I have things to discuss."

"And by discuss do you mean punch? Look, that hag comment was a joke. I'm very sorry."

"Also, you can find details about everyone enlisted in the CAS in that file. Well, everyone except those two over there. I looked for their names but came out empty," I added helpfully, trying to diffuse the already unstable environment.