Chapter 31

Versions

Nagpatuloy kami sa paglalakad ni President Death. Sa tuwing tumitingin siya sa akin, wala akong nakikita r'on kung hindi matinding pagod. 

But instead of complaining, he never say a word. No doubt that he was the powerful among all of us. His determination and undaunted personality makes him stronger. Kahit na isang beses, wala man lang akong narinig sa kanya na pinanghihinaan siya ng loob sa lahat ng mga nangyayari.

Aside from healing me physically, he also gave me mental and emotional strength. I've once known him as a cold and distant person without realizing that he was the other way around.

He cares for all of us more than he cares for himself. 

"You already know that Dr. Sergei was behind all of these since a long time ago. Why didn't you kill him right away?"

Alam kong may kakayahan siya para gawin iyon. Just by his touch, he could already kill that evil scientist.

Napatigil siya sa paglalakad bago humarap sa akin, halatang nabigyan ko ng isang malalim na isipin dahil sa sinabi ko. 

"Will you still look at me the same way if you discovered that I tried killing my father before?"

Naguluhan ako sa sinabi niya.

Dr. Sergei was his father?

"We are not blood-related but he's the one who raised me when I was young. When I turned eight, I left his place to find my sister."

Nahihirapan akong tanggapin 'yong sinabi niya. Just by putting myself in his shoes, alam ko kung gaano kasakit at kahirap lahat ng ito para sa kanya. Paulit ulit kong iniisip kung paano niya nakayanan lahat ng mga napagdaanan niya.

I can't help but to admire him more.

"What happened?" Mas lalong namutawi ang lungkot sa mga mata niya na ngayon ko lang nakita.

"They all thought that I'm delusional since I came from an orphanage. They didn't believe that I had her so I left his place and found her on my own."

Muli kong naalala 'yong unang pagkakataon na nakita ko sina Dr. Sergei kasama ang asawa niya. Hindi ko inaasahan na mas may malalim na koneksyon pa pala sa pagitan nila. 

"Where is she?" tanong ko, nagbabakasakaling mabibigyan ako ng pagkakataong makilala siya.

I want to tell her how praiseworthy her brother is.

"I wasn't able to find her."

I was wrong about my judgments of him before. He was just silent but it doesn't mean that he's not going through something like this.

I can't help but to imagine how he managed to survive in the depth of winter alone. Maybe, this is how he perceived someone strong. It's not all about your skills and special abilities. 

Being strong is when you fearlessly sail a ship amidst the hurricane. You are strong when you choose to reclaim your inner strength when everyone is expecting that you'd fall apart.

There are thousands of chances to rebuild yourself and be the version they never expect you to be. 

Mas lalo kong hinigpitan ang hawak sa kamay niya. I wish I can reciprocate the healing he's giving me. Dahil kahit hindi man niya sabihin, ramdam kong gusto niya rin ng isang taong magpapalakas sa loob niya.

Nagpatuloy kami sa paglalalakad pero ang tahimik naming paglalakbay hanggang makarating sa bukana ng gubat ay kaagad na naudlot.

"What's happening!?" Mabilis kaming naalarma ni President Death sa sigaw na 'yon mula sa isang high class. We immediately went back to their direction.