Two | Unexpected Favor

Chapter Two - Unexpected Favor

"I need to ask you a favor," Natasha said, "we want you to do something for the town."

I raised my brows as I gestured for her to continue. "What exactly is it?"

Natasha straightens up and looks me in the eyes. Okay, based on the strange expression in her eyes, this is going to be crazy. "Hold on," she murmured, raising a finger.

"Are you processing the information?" Yelena said, as though we shared brain cells. Natasha calmed herself by nodding.

"I'm sorry, but it was a big revelation from Chief," she began, returning her gaze to mine to finally tell me about it. "We'd like you to find someone for us."

I swear if you witnessed my friend's and my faces? It was priceless, thank you.

Carol asked, "Are you serious?"

"This is a prank, right? This is ridiculous," Agatha chuckled.

Natasha chuckled and grinned. "Do I appear to be pranking you guys?" she asks, and we all nod. "This will be a great joke, but we want you to catch the guy who murders children."

"I don't mean to offend you, Natasha, but why us? We used to be criminals," I confusedly said, staring at her. "I mean, this is a great surprise for us."

Natasha sighed and nodded her head in agreement. "I know. I was shocked, too. Chief stated it wasn't a great decision, but it's the only one we have. It's been going on for at least four months. We only have limited clues, Y/N. You know me, I won't ask for help if I think we can do it"

"Why us?" I questioned for the second time, looking at my friends and asking their opinions with only my eyes.

Natasha understood that if I didn't know why I was doing something, I wouldn't do it. "Because you people were the ones we couldn't catch without surrendering, so maybe, just maybe, you guys can get this person, whoever they are."

"Can we think about it? I mean, give us two days; all we wanted was two days out of jail—"

"We don't need two days, Y/N," Carol replied as Agatha approached her. "I'm in," they both agreed. I bit my lower lip. I'd want to see Wanda.

"Y/N?" Yelena asked. I agreed with a nod.

"Sure, I'm in," I responded. Yelena took my hand in hers. "Can I ask how is she?" I asked Natasha as we walk back to the police station.

"Still her?" Natasha asked. I don't even need to respond to the question because she was already aware of it. "Happy"

I simply nodded my head. As I previously stated, all I want is for her to be content. What about Yelena? I'm not sure I can love her as much as she loves me. She was aware of it. I told her that I only have one lady in my life that I adore, and that woman is Wanda.

"Tell us about the victims," Yelena murmured as she took her hand away from the mines and we continued walking.

"The first one was found on the corner of a street. She was 5 years old, barely starting nursery. All of the victims are young girls, ages 3 to 7 years old. All of them were found with the missing eyeball and sew mouth. The killing was clean. No fingerprints. Nothing except for the ribbon. We believe the killer is possibly a woman because all of her victims are young children who were left alone at home."

"Black ribbon is another sign that she's a she?" Agatha speculated.

"So the children were not raped or touched in any areas?"

"That's why the assumption has a maybe, Y/N. They were in touch in certain areas. We sometimes found an object inside of them. Specifically, a toy. It was very brutal. It may be any tiny thing, but it can also be huge ones, bigger than the young girl's hands. I don't even know how can a person bear with that"

"Oh, the autopsy claimed they were raped?" I asked, knowing that whoever did it could just insert it. "Could it be that there are two murderers? I mean, one lady and one man?"

"No, Y/N. The autopsy did not disclose any vaginal intercourse, and the item was only inserted once."

"What about the other hole?"

"None, it was just the vagina."

"Can I look at one of the bodies?" I asked, and Natasha nodded.

We walked into the police station, where Chief Tony was waiting for us.

"Hey, Y/N," Carol said, drawing my attention to her.

"Yeah?"

"Do you believe you could approach your old boss for extra help?"

"You mean, Mr. T?" I inquired, and she nodded. "I don't believe so, Carol; he never came to see me or Maya."

"But do you believe you'll be able to go back to the workplace and look for them?"

"Let's take care of it later."

"My top four stealers! Nice to see you again," Chief Tony remarked sarcastically.

I almost had a smirk on my face. "Can we simply talk about the killings? Natasha explained some things, but I'd like to hear the whole story."

Chief Tony nodded, and we proceeded to the conference room. My friends and I sat together. It was true. After the problems I'd had with Mr. T and Maya, they never came to see me while I was in jail. I mean, I get it since their criminals. Mr. T makes a career by teaching people how to be criminals, and Maya works for him. Mr. T did not expose himself to us. Yes, not even to Maya or myself. He has a strong resemblance to Chief Tony.

Chief Tony stepped forward and nodded. "I know Yelena, Y/N, Agatha, and Carol were surprised when Natasha told you the news, but it wasn't planned that way."

"Yeah, we know," Agatha remarked sarcastically, making me laugh.

"But it's true. Police officers sometimes need the help of criminals with great skills. Agatha, you're great at hiding and seek, or playing brain games. Yelena, you're great at fighting. Well, all of you guys are great at fighting, but Y/N only put men or women to sleep, whereas Yelena and Carol killed someone, or should I add an s to that?"

"I appreciate the compliment," Yelena remarked, a cheeky smile on her face.

"Carol is quick and can escape even while shackled, and Y/N? She's the combo of all of your skills. You all trained under one person, and I bet he didn't show himself to you, am I right?"

"Yeah, what's your point?"

Chief Tony grinned at me and looked around the room. "He didn't come to see you, did he? Not once? A lot can change in 5 years, Y/N. He may be training new people."

"Do you mean he may be training the guy who murdered the children?"

--

A/N: There is only two people who voted for Wanda to be the endgame, So, I decided that maybe I'll wait for more until five people voted for her and know how to flow the story. I hope you enjoyed :)))