Ten | Alone

Chapter Ten - Alone

Chapter Ten - Alone

Natasha and the other ladies have been asking Y/N about the woman, but Y/N hasn't tried to tell them anything because she hasn't seen her in a long time.

It was only once, and it wasn't for very long.

She doesn't even remember her name.

Or how old she was when she babysit her.

Yelena was worried. An unknown woman had warned her that she would steal her girl. She was terrified of losing Y/N, although she wasn't hers. Y/N was exhausted. Y/N wasn't sure why, but after seeing the woman, she didn't want to say anything. She didn't mean to treat anyone poorly in the past, especially those close to her loved ones. She wanted to find Maya and ask her all about it, but she had no idea where she was.

Y/N walked straight to the comfort room when they arrived at Natasha's house and told them not to bother her. Agatha even complained about needing to use the bathroom, claiming that it was a number two, but Natasha simply ushered the elderly lady inside her room, telling her that there was a restroom inside.

Natasha gathers extra clothing for Y/N and the other females, handing up the old clothes that she no longer wears. "Can I give those to her?" Yelena inquired, glancing at the extra clothes Natasha had chosen for Y/N. It was a simple stretchy shirt with a small police department emblem and a pair of jean shorts. Yelena took it from Natasha with a nod.

As she knocked on the door, Yelena asked, "Y/N?"

"Hm?" Y/N responded.

"Do you have a towel?" Yelena inquired as she reached for the handle. "Are you decent?"

She heard a chuckle inside the bathroom, "Yes and Yelena, we showered together when we were in the jail. You coming in while I'm showering is not gonna look weird"

There were no stalls or cubicles in jail, giving the inmates no privacy, and since they were all girls, there's no awkwardness unless other ladies have their exercises in the bathroom, if you know you know. "So, can I come in?"

Because it was Yelena, Y/N just replied, "It's unlocked." Not Natasha, or anyone who would exhaust her worse than she already was. Yelena does have feelings for Y/N but she would never take advantage of her. She loves her so much to do that.

"Are you alright?" Yelena inquired, her eyes falling on Y/N's back as she closed her eyes to feel the hot yet soothing water dripping from the showerhead.

"It's quiet, Yelena," Y/N said, referring to her thoughts. "You don't have to worry." Her thoughts were completely blank. She was too exhausted to even think about what had happened on her first day out of jail.

Yelena gazed in the mirror and washed her face while humming their favorite song.

American Pie.

Y/N lifted her arm out of the shower and Yelena handed a towel to her as she questioned, "Don't you want to look for Maya?"

"Let's do that another day," she murmured as she snatched the towel and wiped her body. While she waits for her to finish, Yelena also handed her the clothes.

Knowing the two females were inside, Natasha opened the door. Thankfully, they didn't get caught in the shower together. "I made macaroni and cheese"

When Yelena and Y/N both rushed out of the toilet to take their seats at the table, they almost fought over who had the most mac & cheese in their bowls. "Hah!" exclaimed Yelena, who was the first to take a seat.

"At least, I don't have to shower before bed anymore," Y/N grumbled.

"As if you can sleep without cuddling to me," Yelena added, rolling her eyes.

Y/N pouted and tried to come up with words that would make this bickering work in her favor, but she couldn't. Yelena grinned proudly.

Natasha and the other ladies eat their mac and cheese silently. They all knew Y/N would bring it up when she was ready. As Natasha and Y/N waited for them, the women finished their meal and took showers on their own. Natasha slid over and grabbed the remote from Y/N's grip "Perhaps you'd like to talk about it?"

"What am I supposed to say?" Y/N asked, looking at her. "That I'm surprised? Or that I'm thrilled?"

"I just want to know what's going on in your head, Y/N. We both know how messy that can get," Natasha said, shaking her head.

When Natasha told Y/N that Wanda had found someone, Y/N crashed. She noticed how the beams of light in her eyes faded and her excitement at seeing anyone vanished.