A night at home

Just a reminder this is only about the characters not the real people. For reference: Wilbur is 19. Techno is 16. Tommy is 11.

The night was black and cold. Snow covered the ground in an almost perfect sheet of white if not for the various footsteps that lead to and from the small cabin.

The two brothers, Wilbur and Techno had just come back from a long day of work around town. Helping neighbors hang holiday lights in the town square or shoveling convenient paths through the cold.

Techno looked about ready to collapse on the first soft thing he could find as he walked through the cabin door, which might as well be Wilbur as the taller was about to collapse into a stupor himself.

It was only about nine in the evening but the sun had already fully set behind the snow covered trees. The chilly air had turned both of the brothers cheeks a rosy pink to match the sunset of a few hours previously.

As Wilbur lead the way into the warm house, pushing his way through the dark oak door, Techno stumbled behind him tripping over his own feet in tiredness. "Ga Techno be careful!" Wilbur shot at the pink haired man.

" Well maybe it would be easier if your big head wasn't in the way." Techno said back in a more controlled voice than Wilburs'. Wilbur rolled his eyes but chose not to pursue the conversation.

Instead he turned to face Techno again with a look on his face. "Do you think the gremlin has gone to bed yet?" He said with a mischievous smile.

"Wil, it's only nine o'clock, there is no possible way Tommy of all people is asleep." Wilbur let out a both exasperated but happy sigh as he resigned himself to the fact that Tommy would never go to bed on his own before three in the morning.

" Well I'm going to go find him," Wilbur huffed. "I've barely seen him all day."

Techno looked at his older brother with a fained look of hurt. "You never go out of your way to give me cuddles." He said putting a hand to his chest as if the matter was hurting him deeply however the large grin on his face made it clear he was not at all interested in cuddles from the brunette.

"I never give you cuddles because your an asshole." The taller replied turning away triumphantly. "And who said I was going to give him cuddles!?" He added as an afterthought.

Techno laughed at whatever face Wilbur was making before answering. "Wilbur you've given him cuddles since the day we adopted him, admit you're soft."

Wilbur glared at Techno with no real ferocity behind the gesture. "Are you coming or not?" He asked with a small laugh as he took a step forward towards the living room. "Yeah I guess so." Techno said in his usual monotone voice.

The house wasn't that big but it was comfortable enough for the three boys and their dad.

Wilbur walked through the kitchen towards the living room, Techno close behind with a smile on his face. He didn't know what it was about Tommy but he always had the effect of making even the worst days better with one cheeky smile.

The small pitter patter of the melting snow hitting the ground as they walked filled the small silence comfortably.

It only took a quick glance into the room to see that something was wrong.

Usually Tommy would be bouncing around, happily playing games and immediately shooting insults at the boys, or even running up to them at the door.

Today though he was sat on the couch face screwed up with tears and curled up with his arms covering his knees. "Hey, hey Tommy what's wrong?" Wilbur questioned, instantly at the blonds side with a comforting arm around him.