001

This book is the first book of a series. I'm really excited to write those! I hope you'll enjoy it as well :) 

"I really don't want to go dad." Harry groans. "It's going to be stupid as hell."

"Harry Edward Styles language!" Anne scolds.

"But mom! I want to spend summer with my friends! Nick is having several pool parties and Jeff invited me to go to their beach house and..."

"I don't like your friends." Desmond interrupts his son. "They are not good for you, Harry. A summer away from them and meeting other people will be good for you. It's always Jeff and Nick."

"They are nice people, dad." Harry sighs. "They are my best friends and there is literally nothing wrong with them."

"I literally caught you guys smoking weed, Harry! We can't have such a things happening. We don't want our son to be a drug addict!" Anne pipes in to defend her husband.

"It was once and I'm not an addict, neither are they! Can't I just stay home? I'm sixteen, that's old enough!"

"You're not staying home. You are coming to the Bahamas with us, period Harry. It's a really nice place and there will be teenagers your age whom you can hang out with. They are all from our social class so it will be good to meet them." Desmond says. "You can use some new friends that have a good influence on you. They'll be all British too."

"Do you even hear yourself? Our social class? Dad, I grew up with them! We had barbecues together with their families, you drank beer with their fathers and mom you knitted scarfs together with their mothers!"

"That time is over, baby." Anne says sadly. "It is time to move on from that. Now, go pack your suitcase. Our plane is in a couple of hours."

"And what about Gemma? Why is she allowed to stay home?" Harry crosses his arms.

"She's twenty, Harry. She is an adult and she has an internship in London this summer. She can't go with us."

"Not fair." Harry groans one more time before angrily climbing up the stairs from their newly built villa.

--

When they finally arrive at the Bahamas there's a man in the airport holding a paper with their names written on. Harry follows his parents on a slower pace. He really doesn't want to be here and when there is a limo waiting for them in front of the airport, Harry's not impressed.

Don't get Harry wrong. He is happy that they are financially stable now. A few years ago after his mother got sick it wasn't the case. All the money they had went to hospitals and scientist who looked for a cure to heal her.

And the money was well spent. Harry's mother healed and is now healthier than ever. That didn't mean they were financially okay. But Desmond, his father, worked hard and made good business deals and in a year time they went from the poor family with the sick mother to the most powerful household in the area, if not in the country with the millions they made.

Harry is proud of his mother for winning the fight against death and he is proud of his father to make sure to gain all the money and the fact he kept fighting for his mother. He never asked for a limousine in the Bahamas though. He was happy with their camping trips they shared with the Grimshaws.

"Honey, look we are here!" Anne smiles excitedly when the limousine drives through a fancy golden gate. Harry looks out of the window and he is pretty sure he is getting sick to his stomach.

Every single house, or more villa, looks the same. They have the same with colour with those fancy swimming pools and Harry feels like he is in some kind of prison. This is not how he had ever imagined his summer to be.

When the car stops in front of an empty villa the driver leaves the car and starts carrying all the luggage inside. Anne and Desmond follow the man while Harry's eyes are focussed on the house in front of theirs. It was the biggest of all and literally on the beach. There's a boy in a striped shirt that looks around is age laughing loudly. His voice is high pitched and Harry is sure that the whole residence can hear the boy's voice.

Harry can't help but stare at him. His voice is pretty annoying and he hates loud people but he can't deny that he looks good. His hair looks brown and feathery, his eyes are bluer than the ocean in front of the house and his cheekbones could cut through anything. Harry is openly gay and he really is not ashamed of admitting when he thinks a boy looks good.

"Harry? Come inside, love! This is amazing!" his mother shouts. It must have taken the attention from the boy next door because he looks straight into Harry's eyes as he looks up. He smiles at the curly boy and gives him a small wave. Harry blushes and ignores him, quickly running inside as his mother requested.

"Look at the pool, honey!" Anne smiles pointing at the garden. Harry has to admit that the pool looks sick. But what fun can he have without his friends? He is not the kind of person to just be alone all the time and that will exactly be the case.

Anne can read her son's upset face and walks towards him, putting an arm around his shoulder.

"I know you miss your friends, Harry. I get that it's hard for you but your father did this for us, baby. He has worked day and night to make this happen. Please try to enjoy, yeah? I'm sure you'll meet some new friends here and maybe you can even hang out with them when we're back in England. Everybody here is English, darling."

"I know, I know." Harry sighs. "I love you and I love dad. I know you guys have done a lot for me. I guess I just don't want to lose myself like you guys did. Don't forget that Nick's and Jeff's family were there for you as well mom when things got hard. I feel bad for neglecting them just because they aren't rich."

"I know, honey." Anne kisses her son's head. "And that's why I admire you. I'll never ask from you to give them up but try to give this a chance as well, okay honey?"

Harry just nods. He can't deny his mother ever since he almost lost her.