Chapter III: Shit's going down

Daniel Martinez was worried about his cousin, she is pretty much his little sister, considering that she lives with him. He knows that something has to be off if she acts like this. He kept an eye on Jack Fenton, and to his surprise, he really acted different. Not in a way a person would act that thinks they embarrassed themselves in front of a bunch of teens and a teacher, no, he acted calmer and somewhat more confident. This confuses Dan in so many ways.

In his thoughts, he was behind everyone else in the group, as Lancer decided to talk with the only other adult. Not that surprising. Besides Hannah, most think that exploring an abandoned basement, even from an asylum, is boring. So talking with others, it's not surprising. He is just lucky that he is in a group with Hannah and Nathan. Though, he is stuck with Lancer... not sure it that's much better. He saw that his sister was picking up something, a weird looking pendant. He polished it a bit and but it into her pocket, on the inside of her vest. Seeing this, and knowing Hannah collects like a chipmunk, he wonders what she had collected by now in her vest. The last time she emptied the vest, she found a $50 bill in there. She collects the weirdest stuff.

Daniel wasn't much of a collector of the random, or physical at all, but when he found a similar pendant himself on the floor, his curiosity was tickled. He saw that the others aimed for a part of the basement that was cut off by doors, he decided he can catch up to them easily, so he took a more detailed look at the pendant. The band it hung on was a purple fabric, it felt like silk or something, but the rims were worn down, not new at all. The pendant was metal and shaped like a gear, like of a clock. It had two letters on it, a W and a C. But other symbols as well, if they were symbols, they looked like gibberish scratched into the metal. He polished it and put it around his neck, putting the pendant into his sweatshirt.

Looking up, he saw that the group was now in the next part of the floor, when Jack stopped to walk. He turned to the group and his eyes glowed reddish pink. Said male fell to the ground and a misty figure parted from him, before materializing from behind.

"Surprise!"

The group yelled and the ghost just laughed, "You can't do anything!"

The doors closed and cries of pain were to hear, before they fell silent. Daniel's eyes widen and he ran off. Hannah was right, something is off! Very off! Running, he heard how the door opened and the being came put. Thinking fast, he fled into a room and kept silent. The door to his hideout wasn't closed, so he heard the male mumble, as well as see his ghostly glow though the split of the door.

"One teen fled... but I can't sense him... how weird... hm... now I better deal with the ones I got." The glow disappeared and Dan waited. After what felt like hours, he had enough courage to walk out of the room and walk the way they came. He kept silent and had hidden himself besides many nooks and crannies, seeing being him in their protection to see if the ghost is out again, if something is following him. Seeing nothing, or rather nobody, he continued his way.

The further he came, the more he allowed himself to sink into his thoughts. He marked the place where Jack's possession was revealed on the map, with pen he had with him. Grabbing said map and pen, he remembered the weird looking pendant. He wondered, did it suppress his presence? Is it the reason why the ghost didn't attack him? He hopes so, and he hopes his Hannah had some protection as well. He also decided, if he finds any, he has to collect them, if he finds others, that they have protection as well. But maybe it's just a vague bacon of hope he grasps on.

Walking further, he wondered what is going on, why is this happening? He just hopes his other classmates are fine... he realizes, they weren't given a time to collect outside, to end the field trip...

Is this a trap? Stacy and Marco... he remembers that some ghosts faked to be human, maybe these two did too? Or were at least possessed like Jack Fenton. Maybe they have no time window, so that the ghost or probably ghosts can catch them all? What is going on?