Prologue

For anyone new to the story, you can find a TRAILER for this story on my TikTok (ryujLn417)

(author's note: before you start this story know it will have mature content. Although i have stated many times i do not write explicit sexual content, there will be violence, drugs, crime and other mature subjects mentioned.)

Yeji came rushing downstairs before her brother, Hyunjin, hoping to get a ride from him to school. Her high school wasn't actually that far away from her house, but getting a ride was always much better than walking.

Suddenly, the sound of a car beeping outside caught her attention. The noise seemed to create an urgency in her brother who nearly tripped on his own feet while coming down the stairs. His hoodie hanging around his neck, not completely on yet.

"Have breakfast before you go." Their mother advised, watching him finally get his hoodie through his arm.

"I'm late, ma." He complained, sulking as if he were still a little boy. That was something both of them tended to do, act cute to get what they wanted.

Their mother didn't change her expectant expression, one that they knew meant business.

Yeji was still hoping for a ride to school, although the beeping that was coming from outside seemed to indicate that her brother wouldn't be driving to work today.

"Fine." He rolled his eyes, putting a piece of toasted bread between his teeth. "I really have to go." He mumbled. Or so she assumed from what she could decipher.

"You should tell your girlfriend to come inside next time." Yeji teased, raising her right eyebrow at him.

Hyunjin rolled his eyes, taking a bite from the piece of bread on his mouth. "Stop. It's not my girlfriend." He argued even with the mouthful of bread, chewing messily.

"Yeji, don't tease your brother about his girlfriend."

"You too, ma?" He yelled out, finally opening the front door. "Ryujin will you quit honking? Give me a minute." He yelled outside, making the car turn silent. Before some yelling could be heard from the person behind the wheel. Although inaudible to Yeji, whatever the girl yelled had caused Hyunjin to sigh.

"You're not taking your car today?" Yeji asked, even though the answer was obvious.

"No fuel. And Ryujin wants to go somewhere before work." He mumbled again, the bread between his teeth as he put on his shoes.

"Oh."

Ryujin was one of her brother's closest friends. Or girlfriend. Their mother and her weren't really sure. But they had been classmates for a long time. Yet he had never really introduced her to either of them.

Despite this, Yeji knew what Ryujin looked like. When her brother was still in the same school as her she would catch a glimpse of the two in school. Or sometimes of the girl with others or even by herself. She was certain everyone at their school knew who Ryujin was. Even if from sight alone.

That was no longer the case, though. As both didn't go to high school anymore. Yet, Yeji would sometimes still see her, running with her brother towards Hyunjin's bedroom or on his social media. Sometimes standing outside their house or when she would meet her brother someplace else.

That's why she didn't know her well enough to impose herself into that car. Instead, she would be walking to school. Bummer, if you ask her.

"Hyunjin." A loud scream came from outside, causing her brother to run out of the door as fast as possible.

"And he says that's not his girlfriend." Her mother joked, observing amusingly as he tripped on his own feet out of the door.

Yeji couldn't help but laugh along.

"Alright. I have to go too, Ma. Or I'll be late."

"Have a good day at school."

"Thanks, ma."

Yeji rushed to the door, picking up her backpack and putting on her shoes.

She was almost done with her last year of high school and couldn't wait to finish it. Unlike what most people would say, high school hadn't been that bad. But she was ready for college.

Mostly, she was looking forward to having more freedom and meeting new people. She had the same classmates for years and things were getting very monotonous.

Yeji wished for her monotonous life to get disturbed. For some thrill in her life, some change. She wanted adventure. She wanted her life turned upside down.

Had she known her wish would come true, maybe she would have been more specific. When she said that she wanted that, she meant college parties and her first alcoholic drink.

What Yeji got instead was Shin Ryujin and the chaos surrounding her.