30. romance

*

*

THE AWKWARD SILENCE WAS KILLING ARIA AS SHE WALKED CLOSELY NEXT TO JACK. THE ELEVATOR WASN'T WORKING SO THEY WERE TAKING THE STAIRS BUT NEITHER ONE OF THEM HAD SAID A WORD SINCE THE KISS. ARIA WANTED TO SAY SOMETHING BUT SHE DIDN'T KNOW WHAT SHE SHOULD SAY.  JACK KEPT REPLAYING THE KISS THROUGH HIS MIND AS HE KEPT GLANCING OVER AT ARIA.

"Aria"
"Jack."    They both say to each other simultaneously.

"Uh you go." Aria says awkwardly as she gestures to Jack.

"I Uh..." Jack stutters as he reaches into his pocket.

Aria stops walking as she waits for Jack to continue talking. Jack pulls money out of his pocket and places it gently into Arias hand.

"What's this for?" Aria asks him in a confused tone.

"I lost." Jack says in a serious tone.

Arias eyes locked with his eyes as she still was completely lost.

"The first night you arrived... we made a bet that if one us fell for the other person we would owe that person twenty bucks... and I lost... like completely and utterly lost... I fell so hard for you and I can't stop myself. I love you Aria and I've loved you since the moment you came to live with us." Jack says breathlessly.

Aria feels like her heart might explode as she doesn't break eye contact with Jack.

"I lost too." Aria says nervously as she hands him the twenty back.

Jack raises his eyebrow at her as he leans against the staircase.

"I knew you would fall for me." Jack teases her.

"Shut up." Aria mumbles as she takes a step closer to Jack.

Jack can feel his breath slowly leave his body as Aria places her lips on his lips. The kiss was sweet and gentle unlike their first kiss. Jack loved the feeling of her lips on his and it felt like they were meant for each other. Aria slowly pulled away from the kiss as she opened her eyes.

"What are we gonna tell Shawn?" Aria asks Jack curiously.

"He might cry if we tell him." Jack replies jokingly.

"You guys are so cute!" A voice slurs causing Aria to scream as she quickly latched into Jacks arm.

"Who said that?" Aria whispers in a fearful tone.

"It's me!" A familiar voice yells.

Jack and Aria slowly walk to the top of the stairs causing their eyes to land on Eric. His entire body was on the ground and he was covered in throw up.

"Wow... how romantic." Jack says sarcastically as he looks down at the other boy.

"Shit... let's get you cleaned up buddy." Aria says in a gentle tone as she kneels down beside Eric.

With Jacks help, Aria carried Eric to their apartment. She immediately carried him to the bathroom and cleaned up all the throw up off of him. Jack leaned against the doorway as he watched Aria take care of Eric. He couldn't help but admire how cute she was. The way she treated Eric like a child made Jacks heart flutter.

"Are you gonna just stare or help?" Aria asks him frantically as he runs into the kitchen to get more towels.

"Love you!" Jack yells playfully at her.

She doesn't hear him as she runs back into the bathroom with more towels. Eric throws up more as Aria frantically tries to clean it up off of him and the floor.

"I feel better now!" Eric yells in an excited tone.

"That's good." Aria replies softly.

"So are we boyfriend and girlfriend?" Jack asks her curiously as he wraps his arms around her.

"You really picked right now to talk about us when I'm covered in Eric's throw up?" Aria asks him in disbelief.

Jack nods innocently as a smirk forms on his face.

"I hate you." Aria mumbles as she can't stop staring at him due to how cute he is.

"Actually you love me." Jack says flirtatiously.

He places a kiss on her head sending butterflies through her stomach.

"Yeah... I guess we can be boyfriend and girlfriend... I guess you're alright." Aria says sarcastically.

Jack pushes Arias head gently as he laughs at her.

"Aw Eric threw up and I missed it!" Shawn yelled in a disappointed tone as he walked into the bathroom.

He noticed Jacks arms around Aria as Aria rested her head on Jacks shoulder.

"They are dating!" Eric slurred as he gestured to Jack and Aria.

Shawns face fell as a flicker of hurt and jealousy flashed on his face.

"Took you two long enough!" Shawn says in a carefree tone.

"You're not mad?" Aria asks Shawn in disbelief.

"Nope cause I know when I get older you will come crawling back to me." Shawn says flirtatiously.

Jack rolls his eyes at his younger brother.

"Will you help Eric get to bed?" Jack asks Shawn.

Shawn nods as he helps the other boy out of the bathroom. Aria sighs as she stands up and scrubs her hands. The moment she is done cleaning her hands Jack grabs her hand and yanks her out of the room.

"Where are we going?" Aria asks him as he drags her towards the back door.

He leads her to the terrace as he gently closes the door behind them.

"It's a full moon tonight." Aria says in amazement as she looks up at the sky.

Jack doesn't even bother looking at the sky as he stared at Aria. Her skin was glowing in the moonlight and he loved the way she seemed fascinated by the sky above them.

"I love you." Jack says as he grabs her hand.

Aria turns to look at him as a smile forms on her face.

"I love you too." She replies softly.

Jack leans in as his lips meet Arias lips. They kiss one another passionately in the moonlight. Jack had been waiting and hoping Aria loved him back and now his dream had come true. They both pulled away from the kiss as Jack pulled Aria into his arms. They both held each other under the moonlight as they felt at ease in each other's presence.
_____________________________
THE END 😩

Thank you so much for reading this and I hope you all enjoyed!! Please check out my other stories and I hope you have a great day 🥰