19. in trouble

*

*

ARIA WOKE UP IN THE ARMS OF THE WRONG HUNTER BOY. SHAWN HAD A SMIRK STUCK ON HIS FACE AS HE STARED DOWN AT THE BEAUTIFUL GIRL IN HIS ARMS. ARIA SLOWLY SAT UP CAUSING ALL THE PAIN TO
RE- ENTER HER BODY AS A REMINDER OF WHAT SHE WENT THROUGH THE PREVIOUS NIGHT.

"Where's Jack?" Aria asks Shawn as her voice is groggy due to her just waking up.

"Am I not good enough for you?" Shawn asks her jokingly.

Aria rolls her eyes at him as she looks around the living room.

"Where did Jack and Eric go?" Aria asks Shawn curiously.

"Who? What? I don't know anything." Shawn replies nervously.

Aria raises her eyebrow at him as she can tell he knows exactly where they are.

"Shawn Hunter... if you don't tell me where they are...I swear I will hurt you." Aria warns him.

Shawn awkwardly laughed as he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her in for a hug.

"I'm tired... let's go back to sleep." He tells her softly as he closes his eyes.

"Shawn! I'm not going to ask you again.... Where are they?" Aria snaps at him.

Shawn looks guilty as he opens his mouth to respond to her. The door to the apartment swung open causing Shawn to sigh in relief. Jack and Eric both walked through the door.

"And Aria will never find out." Eric says in an excited tone.

Eric's eyes land on Aria staring at him with her arms crossed across her chest.

"It was his idea!" Eric yells like a child as he points at Jack.

"We just went and got ice cream." Jack lies as places his hands in his pocket.

"Holy shit... what happened to your face?" Aria asks him in a concerned tone as she stands up.

An evident bruise was forming around Jacks cheek and dried blood was coming down his nose. Aria gently placed her hand on Jacks face but Jack quickly pulled away from her gentle touch.

"I uh... tripped... walking out of the ice cream shop." Jack stutters but he can tell Aria isn't falling for his lie.

"Bro! You got ice cream without me?" Eric yells in disbelief.

Jack shakes his head in disbelief at how dumb his friend is.

"I'll get you ice cream Eric... if you tell me where you two went." Aria says in a sweet tone.

"Oh... me and Jack went and met Richard." Eric tells Aria.

Arias heart drops at the sound of her exes name. She looked over at Jack who refused to make eye contact with her. His eyes were glued to the ground.