29. in the moment

*

*

AFTER JACK CLEARLY DIDN'T WANT TO KISS ARIA SHE DROWNED HER SORROWS IN THE ALCHOL THE BARTENDER KEPT GIVING HER. THE ALCOHOL MADE HER FEEL CARELESS AS THE ROOM SEEMED TO SPIN AROUND HER. SHE WANTED TO TAKE HER MIND OFF OF BOYS SPECIFICALLY JACK HUNTER. SHE COUDN'T  TELL IF HE LIKED HER OR NOT AND IT WAS ABSOLUTELY KILLING HER.

"Aria!" Jack yelled as he made his way through the crowd of people.

"Hey Jacky boy." Aria slurred as she started to fall over but quickly caught herself on the bar.

"Woah.. how much have you had to drink?" Jack asks her curiously.

"Pfff I'm not drunk... I'm sober... being sober rocks." Aria slurs as she waves her arms up in the air as she starts dancing to the music.

Jack laughed as she kept bumping into the bar and nearly falling over. Jack was glad she was in a happier mood and not thinking about Richard.

"Let's get you home." Jack tells Aria.

She nearly falls causing Jack to grab her waist to steady her body. He places her arm around his shoulder so he can help stabilize her as she walked.

"Why are we leaving? I want more drinks." Aria complains as she looks back at the bar.

"We got to get you to bed it's late." Jack tells her softly.

Aria groans dramatically causing Jack to laugh. He could feel his heart racing as Arias body kept bumping into him as she struggled to walk.

"Where's Eric?" Aria asks Jack curiously.

"He walked home." Jack tells her.

"What if he gets kidnapped?" Aria asks Jack dramatically.

"He can take care of himself... all you need to worry about is yourself." Jack tells her sharply.

Arias legs felt like jelly causing her to start to loose her balance. Chills entered her body as Jack grabbed her waist and held her body up so she wouldn't fall.

"What would I do without you?" Aria slurs as she rests her head on Jacks shoulder.

"Probably pass out in the middle of the bar." Jack teases her.

Jack loved the feeling of being so close to Aria. He wrapped his one arm around her as he pulled her closer to him. He took in her scent making him feel at ease.

"I'm tired." Aria says as she yawns.

She wanted to fall asleep right then and there but she needed to get to the Uber first. Aria couldn't get the moment when her and Jack almost kissed during karaoke out of her mind. Why did Jack stop? The moment he practically rejected her hurt her deeply. It wasn't a big deal and she knew that but for some reason she couldn't let it go.

The moment Aria and Jack walked outside it was pouring down rain. The sound of the rain falling down hard sent a wave of calmness through Arias body.

"We are going to have to sprint." Jack tells Aria as he looks at the rain.

Aria nods as Jack grabs her hand. They start sprinting through the rain and Aria couldn't stop laughing at how ridiculous she felt. The cold rain water started making her feel sober. She still felt dizzy but was enjoying the moment of running as the rain beat against her face. Jacks hand was tightly holding on to her hand while they sprinted along side each other. They were both getting completely drenched as they searched around for the man who was supposed to pick them up. Aria  abruptly stopped running while the rain continued to pelt down on her. Jack stopped directly next to her and turned to look at her.

"You alright?" Jack asks her in a concerned tone.

The alcohol was starting to fade away but Aria could still kinda feel it making her more confident and straightforward than normal. Words wanted to escape from her mouth and there was no way to stop them.

"Why didn't you kiss me during karaoke?" Aria asks Jack abruptly.

"What?" Jack asks her as he yells over the loud sound of the rain.

"You didn't want to kiss me." Aria yells louder so he can hear her.

"You're drunk... let's just find this guys car and go." Jack says hoping she will drop the subject.

"I'm practically sober now... and I want you to admit that you didn't want to kiss me." Aria says as her voice cracks.

Jacks eyes lock with her eyes as the rain continues to come down hard on them. Aria looked radiant as the rain poured down on her. Jack couldn't believe she thought he didn't want to kiss her. He desperately wanted to but he chocked when he got the opportunity to do it.

"A bunch of people were watching us." Jack tells Aria hoping to make her feel better.

He was so confused why she seemed so upset over him not kissing her.

"Can you just tell me you think I'm repulsive or that you hate me so I can just get over you!" Aria yells over the rain.

Jack raised his eyebrow at her in disbelief.

"But I don't hate you or think your repulsive... I didn't kiss you because I didn't wanna ruin this friendship we have." Jack explains to her.

Aria nods as she shivers due to the rain practically freezing her skin.

"Why are you so upset over it anyways? It's not like we are dating." Jack says in a serious tone.

"I know.. I overreacted you don't have to kiss me if you don't want to... I totally understand.. you probably have a million girls you would rather spend your time with and I'm just your annoying roomate who can't do anything right." Aria rambles nervously.

"Just shut up." Jack mumbles as he takes a step closer to Aria.

Before Aria has time to react Jack slams his lips onto her lips. The rain continues to pour down on them but they could both care less. Jack brings his hands up to Arias face as he deepens the kiss. Aria felt like her heart might explode as she felt Jacks lips gently moving against her lips. This was the moment she had been waiting for and it was better than she expected it to be. The way Jack made her feel was like she was on top of the world. The kiss felt perfect like their lips were meant to be connected. Sparks ran through Jacks entire body as he kissed the girl of his dreams. Their lips moved in rhythm as neither one of them wanted to pull away.

After a long time Jack slowly pulled away as they both took deep breaths. Their eyes locked as Jack watched rain drops fall down Arias face.

"Our ummm... guy is here to pick us up." Jack says awkwardly as he points at a car pulling into the parking lot.

Aria awkwardly nods as her whole entire body feels like it is on fire. She couldn't help but think about what her and Jacks relationship would be like after that passionate kiss. They couldn't just go back to being friends.

________________________
Omg they kissed 😩