"Making it better? Go fuck yourself!" I yell, and I can feel my eyeball twitching. "L'manburg was finally doing okay before you showed up!"

"It was weak, it was never going to work! Manburg will become better than L'manburg ever was!"

"Listen to yourself! You tortured me over this! Everything you did to me, every time you hit me, or stabbed me, every bit of agony you inflicted on me, was because you said I was a traitor! Now you're doing this? You fucking hypocritical piece of shit!" 

Niki gets into his face, staring him down. "You disgust me." She spits tearfully, and Fundy blanches, before he shoves her away from him, looking at me. 

"You deserved everything I did to you."

I don't even register the fact that my feet are propelling me forward until my balled up fist mashes directly into his face, and we topple down to the ground as he screams bloody murder.

I fall on top of him, and I can hear the gasping inhales as he struggles to regain air, and all I can think about are the words ricocheting around my skull, and how much I want him to fucking die. 

I sit up, pushing all my weight down on his stomach and slam my hand back down on his face, knuckles hitting nose, cheeks and mouth. He tries to grab my wrists so I drop my weight, throwing elbows into his throat, slamming any part of my arm down into his head with all the force I can muster. 

He's making these horrible, horrible strangled shrieking sounds, almost inhuman, as I throw all the force of my fists down on his face.

I blink, and suddenly the heat of the fire vanishes, replaced with cold dampness creeping over my shoulder, solid stone pressing in from all sides. I'm trapped again, and I shouldn't be, because this shouldn't be happening again, because this was never supposed to happen again and I won't, I will never, I'd rather fucking die than get trapped again. 

I punch the wall, tiny tremors my only reward, and so I try, again, and again and again even though it's not even cracking, every ounce of strength, even though I can feel the bones in my hands breaking, the skin shredding off my knuckles, because the pain is so surface level and meaningless compared to the shuddering horror of back then, deep under my skin, burrowed down where nothing can reach. 

I just keep hitting, keep throwing every bit of strength I have, because there is no other option. 

I realise it's all too silent, fists on walls and the screaming in my own head, but there's nothing else, no sound, eerie emptiness and something not right. 

It's only when I hear a sickening crunch of bone, and the world floods red, when I finally snap our of it. Hands gripping my shirt tug me backwards ferociously, and I sprawl out on the ground, myriad of unidentifiable screams pouring in, too loud, too much. 

I focus on a promise I made long ago. 

I claw my way forward, reaching something, barely recognisable on the ground, spluttering with these half choked gasps like they're drowning on land and swing, colliding my fist with something, and I just want him to hurt, I just want him to fucking suffer, I want his final moments to be horrific beyond comprehension. 

I want him to feel the same pain he caused me, if only for a couple seconds.

Another pair of hands grab me by my hair, and there's so much yelling, bouncing off my skin and not reaching my ears, because every inch of my body is lit up in vile hatred and sick satisfaction. I'm yanked off again, flailing in the dirt as the person drags me off. I don't care who it is, I don't care what they're saying. 

I want him to fucking die. 

There's a pin prick in my neck, and a few, beautiful seconds where I float, above all the noise and the pain and the anger, weightless and free.