Chapter 47

The file had said that the plan detailed to Daniel began with their mom getting in contact with them again and hopefully convince us to be more cooperative, of course Daniel somewhat believed that their mother truly didn't want to hurt Delia or the twins. Delia wasn't sure exactly how long this was going to last, her bet was that it would end after today and the next day would be the second phase.

"Can I at least have a hug from my kids, I need one right now." Delia stayed seated knowing that their mother was really talking to her older brothers. It was normal for her mother to completely ignore their existence as she flattered guests.

This was what Delia preferred and the guests wouldn't complain, most people subconsciously consider themselves the main role and the others just the supporting actors or actresses, therefore a large amount of attention their way is what is expected. Delia doubted that Gracen and Hunter fell into that category, but attention from an absent parent,especially since their other parental figure was dead: would be welcome and would touch them much more than others doing the same actions would. 

Gracen the more outgoing, hesitantly hugged Gina. Just because Daniel had tried to convince them that their mother wasn't to to blame for Delia, Artie and Drew's abuse she still participated. But Delia saw the way he melted into it for a moment. Internally Delia sighed a parents bond with their child was a powerful thing. Comparing Gracen to her he actually did much better it had taken years of literal abuse before she was wary of her mother let alone reluctant to receive her rare artificial affection. Hunter didn't move from his dot for a moment letting Gracen and his mother hug when he was done Hunter hugged her quickly, it wasn't one filled care, affection or trust, but more of a compulsive dependence. Luckily Hunter quickly let go. What shocked most of the people in the room is what happened next. Daniel hugged her too. And their were tears dripping down his face. 

"Delia can I have a hug?" Anticipation shown in Gina's eyes. It was another trap.
Sorry, but I don't feel comfortable doing so at the moment maybe try some other time. Like... never.
A casual smile appeared on Delia's face as the message played.
"Yes, of course. Sorry I... I just saw my only daughter after several weeks and wanted..." Gina'a voice trailed off allowing people to fill in her words on their own. Imagination is so much better than reality and the blank spaces allowed people to interpret them as they will. Artie and Drew scooted closer to Delia. They had lived with their mother they were well aware of what her words were saying and the messages between the lines.  "Yes, of course." really meant "oh honey you are walking exactly we're I want you too." "Sorry I..." meant "sorry I'm going to have to crush your will." "I just saw my only daughter..." referred to the fact that she was the only female offspring and that Gina getting rid of Delia was the most beneficial for her. "After several weeks..." referred to the fact that she hadn't had a chance to be with them and later they would have to make up for it. A glare came from Daniel to Delia and Gracen looked disappointed while Hunter seemed thoughtful.