Chapter 12

The hug finished the returned to the living room, Delia with the eraser board and Hunter with a smile. Leaning against the couch where her brothers sat she faced Hunter who sat with crossed legs in front of her.

"Let's chat while we wait for your brothers to wake up?" The lilting tone at the end of the statement implying it was a question. Delia nodded even if she didn't trust him information was needed for her and her brothers security. With that justification she stared eagerly at Hunter. Not used to such an intense stare Hunter blushed and turned his head coughing, before asking, "How about we take turns asking each other questions, if you aren't comfortable answering just pass."
The last part tacked on when Hunter noticed her figure squirm in discomfort.
"I'll start what is your favorite color?"
A peachy orange. What is yours?
"Royal purple." Gracen answered gesturing towards his sweatshirt in that color.
"What is your favorite food?"
Carrots. What is yours?

They questioned each other back and forth the questions were kept simple and any questioned passed were quickly brushed over. Delia relaxed somewhat as it went on 30-ish minutes later Drew and Artie woke up and joined the game. Soon after Gracen walked in to check on them and joined in as well. Time passed quickly and nobody in the grouped noticed that it was past noon until Gracen's stomach growled which sent the twins into a fit of giggles.

Embarrassed Gracen stood up and headed to the kitchen saying he would throw together some sandwiches. The twins chased after him to continue teasing him and hoping to steal some tidbits. Delia watched them go before standing up to follow.
"Delia want to go with me to get Daniel?" Hunter asked his face indifferent but there was anticipation in his eyes.

Delia nodded still not very comfortable with the refusing Hunter even if she thought he wouldn't hurt her. Hunter smiled before reaching for her hand. Startled Delia jerked backward. Hunter smiled in reassurance before continuing towards the stairs. Delia dashed to where he was and grabbed his hand. Glancing at his face to check for a sign of rejection. Hunter's smile just widened as he strode up the stairs.

When they arrived in front of the wooden door to Daniel's office. Hunter knocked twice a "come in" from Daniel was heard. Renaming outside she waited for Hunter to tell Daniel clenching her hand she slightly frowned, it was missing something.
"How are they? Did Delia mention why that happened?" Daniel's questioning resounding into the corridor.
"They are fine they woke up a couple hours go me and Gracen spent some time getting to know them and letting them get to know us. Delia didn't mention anything, but you could ask she's—." Hunter's answers were interrupted.
"Ask her? Ha, she doesn't answer our questions she wants to remain soo mysterious. I wonder what she is hiding, I bet she just wants more pity. She'll just scribble some excuse on that stupid board." Daniel's voice coming out in angry spurts. Hunter was silently trying to signal to Daniel that Delia was outside the door, but Daniel didn't notice until he finished his rant.
"Delia came with me to get you and she is right outside the door." Hunter said finally getting his eldest brother's attention.
Daniel looked shocked before standing up and going towards the door. Delia calmly looked at him. She wasn't affected by his comments his opinion didn't really matter to her much especially now that she somewhat trusted Hunter and Gracen not to harm them. He had the right to his right to his opinion and she had the right to not care.

Daniel didn't apologize just gazed at her for awhile before heading downstairs Hunter came out. He didn't try to explain Daniel's words his brother is an adult he should be able to take responsibility for his actions. Hunter held her hand as they headed toward the dining room. Delia looked happily at their connected hands, she had figured out what she had been missing.

When they arrived in the dining room everybody else had already sat down and Gracen was bringing in the last two plates with sandwiches on them Drew's and Artie's meatless but still looking delicious. Halfway through lunch Daniel cleared his throat, "Gracen and Hunter meet me in the office after we finish here." both of the people mentioned nodded. The twins looked up from their meal curious. Delia snapped his fingers to get their attention, 'Want show me how to play Mario Cart after we eat lunch?' Successfully distracted the boys nodded eagerly before whispering to each other about who would show her and who wouldn't play and would coach her. Coming to a consensus the boys quickly finished their food and began to pull on Delia, who nodded before writing their destination on a board and showing it to Gracen who nodded as they all left the table.

A sense of missing something was felt without the rambunctious twins around. Soon the three oldest Knill brothers finished and headed up towards the office. In front of the desk was a circle of a couch and two chairs with a coffee table. Gracen and Hunter settled in opposite sides of the couch while Daniel sat on the chair closest to his desk. Before Daniel began the meeting Gracen began to talk, "Did you know that Drew is really good at soccer and loves all sports in general and his favorite color is baby blue. Artie is great at talking once he grows up he would make a good addition to the company especially with negotiations. Delia loves reptiles. I don't know how they are so gross. I even found out something new about Hunter he likes Jazz not really a surprise his playlist consists mostly of songs with that style, but it was new."
"Gracen what is your point?" Daniel calmly asked.
"The point is that you took off this entire weekend on short notice because you wanted us all to have family bonding time, but the weekend is almost over and you have barely spent any time with any of us except for when we eat." Gracen's cheerful voice changing to solemn.
"It was short notice, which is why I have to work up here sometime. Besides don't you guys ever get tired of tiptoeing around topics?" Daniel tone of voice didn't change at all.

"I don't what is going on with you Daniel or why you are acting like you hate them. But you better figure it out because if you hurt them I don't mind fighting for their custody." Gracen's tone didn't differ either. Bother brothers stared at each other daring the other one to bot back down.

"They need to give them time and space. We need to show them they can trust us that we can't hurt them." Hunter said ignoring his brothers' staring contest.
"Last night you asked what we should do." He answered the unasked question. Standing up
he started to walk out the door.
"Where are you going?" Both asked in sync. "I'm going to go watch the twins who have only played it a couple times, attempt to teach Delia how to play Mario Cart. If you want want to join make sure you bring your own popcorn."
Hunter smirked in amusement before going downstairs.