Chapter 29

Delia's eyes shot open as she surveyed her surroundings. She had slept soundly for the first time in a long time, but that wasn't where her focus right now. Her wrist was tingling. Bolting downstairs she rapidly glanced around trying to find the two familiar mops of brown hair. Standing over them was Gina. Sprinting forward, Delia side kicked Gina in the stomach before spinning to crouch and yanks by her brothers behind her. Gina smiled her "others are present" smile as she spoke still cradling her stomach. That made Delia smirk, Gina could hit, but she didn't take them very well. "Glad to see you in good health my precious daughter. Your brother managed to get me out of jail under house arrest until the trial. He has been so helpful finding me a lawyer and private investigator. You should really thank him sometimes otherwise your mother would have gone to jail while innocent. You wouldn't want that now would you baby girl." Delia's smirk faded as her expression went blank. Her mother was a horrible mother and person in general and she wasn't the brightest but she could play the word game without batting an eye.

Gina's message was clear, Delia maybe fine right now, but Gina was here and Delia couldn't escape her because her guardian, was helping Gina get away with everything and Delia would be back under her hands once more.

Daniel walked into the room, his expression colder than Delia had ever seen it as if he was looking at his sworn enemy and when he glanced at her twins it was one rift with disgust.
"Delia why didn't you greet your mother? Yeah she told me everything, now would be a good time to admit your mistakes, the police are arriving as we speak." There was a righteous expression on both Gina's and Daniel's faces. Delia was about to protest, but then Hunter and Gracen walked in. There expressions were dull as they looked at her in the twins she could see the betrayal and hatred present.
"Delia just admit it there is no other way out for you it's the best choice for you." Hunter said his voice hoarse as if he had been crying. Delia looked around her before stepping away from the twins towards her mother. Standing in front of the woman who had continuously ruined her life she smiled, it may have been one full of fury, defeat, sorrow, and fear, but it was a smile that promised that this wasn't over.
"Thanks for the tips, mother." Then everything within her vision shattered before fading.

Delia woke up her in her bed. But even though she knew that everything had been a dream she had no doubt that it was an accurate guess at the future. Pieces that Delia had picked up on throughout her stay had converged in her subconscious and produced the dream reality. This wasn't Delia's first experience with dreams like these and unfortunately they had been accurate for the most part although details weren't always rock solid and actions she took may speed up or slowdown it's occurrence they would still happen. Her dreams of the future weren't a prediction of situations, it was a prediction of people's actions based on their personality. Circumstances changed with the flap of a butterfly's wings, but people, they rarely change. Different hairstyles, clothes, jobs,  beliefs, different bodies, but personality that sticks. Polished or faded the personality sticks and with it so does the person's reactions to things around them. 

Delia let out a sigh. But she wasn't surprised if she was being honest with herself. She had tried not to read to much into Daniel's actions or the lack of trust she was feeling from Gracen and Hunter. Her mother's actions were so predictable, but she had hoped with the evidence they had shown her brothers that they would be resistant and reject her mom, but their personality's said otherwise. Honestly she didn't blame them, most people would choose to believe the adult over the moody irresponsible tween, not to mention that Daniel believed it they had known Daniel far longer than they had none her.

She guessed she had about another week before the events happened, she had to get to work. Stretching Delia walked towards her window to stare at the still starry sky. Being away from the main road had its perks. Tears silently ran down Delia's face. Delia was broken in so many ways, but she still had to move. She had people to protect. Slowly Delia slid open her window letting the wind cool her face and dry her tears. Now was not the time to get weepy she had only a couple hours before daylight to sketch her outline for her plan. Grabbing her journal Delia started writing, it wasn't in any language that existed it was one she had made up on her own. First she made a list of goals.
1. Make sure the twins weren't implicated.
2. Make sure that their birth mother would not be able to contact them again.
3. Help the twins stay with people who were safe and would protect them.
4. Make sure Gracen, Hunter, Andrew and Andre didn't get in any legal or moral trouble.
5. Break off contact with everyone and disappear into obscurity, by whatever methods necessary. 

To make it possible a couple things had to happen for sure, Delia had to make sure that any evidence they had to link said protected people to her supposed crime was erased. She had to complete her time with her "family" with no deviation. She had to get in contact with "them" again if she wanted to fade into obscurity.

A traumatized 13 year old shouldn't be this calm about everything. A physically and mentally abused tween shouldn't know what she knew and she sure shouldn't how to use it. But there were things that no one knew about Delia Ann Rebecca Knill. Things that should remain where she stayed, in the DARK.

This is a new arch I'm thinking about if you guys think this isn't something I should continue with please comment.