Chapter 37: Reality

Beginne am Anfang

"I love you," I mutter against her soft lips.

"I love you more..." she mutters against me, giggling. I have always loved her innocent little giggle. It's like a melody to my ears. "Honey, we have to go get our daughter like," she looks at her wristwatch, "right now," she pecks my lips then turns away before she goes through the bedroom door. "See you outside!" She yells, and I smile at her, feeling my stomach exploding with joy for her.

God, I am in love with this woman.

Grabbing my boxer and clothing from the floor, I set them on before grabbing my car keys, turning towards the bedroom door, and walking through.

I descend one of the two grand stairways of my home, my eyes drawn to the massive chandelier that hangs between them, illuminating the space with its radiance.

When I reach the bottom, I proceed toward the front door and extend my hand to the handle, feeling the cool metal beneath my fingertips. With a gentle turn and pull, the door swings open, and I step out into the bright light of day, greeted by the warmth of the sun on my face.

I gaze across the lawn, my attention drawn to Kitten, who stands at the front, fixated on someone nearby.

I shift my focus to follow her line of sight, and suddenly, my eyes widen in shock as I see who she's standing with. My gaze stretches to take in the scene, and I can hardly believe what I'm seeing. Kitten's mother is standing before her, holding a pistol and wearing a look of pure malice that no mother should ever direct toward her child.

How could she be real?! I ask myself as panic takes over my body, and I begin to sprint towards them, hoping very much to save Kitten as I see that her mother is about to pull the trigger.

"ARIA!" I shout with fear and worry in my voice, my heart thrashing out of my chest in terror, despair, anxiety, and hope.

Bam!

NO!

The bullet sends flying through her heart, and her body collapses to the cold ground, forming a pool of blood.

Overwhelmed by sorrow and pain, I fall to my knees beside unmoving Aria, my body quivering with fright and unimaginable agonizing pain. "NO," I shriek with heartbreak and despair, "Please don't leave me again, Kitten!" I cry, holding her tightly and embracing her. "I love you!" I shout, feeling as if my heart is being ripped out of my chest. "We have a daughter. We can't live without you!" I cry, leaning my head against hers. "DON'T LEAVE ME!......"

I vault from my bed, panting heavily with my hand over my pounding chest and tears hastening from my burning eyes. "It was a dream," I mutter, respiring to steady my breath. "A fucking dream!" I hiss furiously, getting from my bed.

Even though it was a dream that broke me all over again, Aria is still fucking dead, leaving me alone, helpless, and ripped apart.

Since the moment I lost her, I have been having nightmares that bring back the pain I felt on that day. The day she died.

The love of my life is dead and it is something I can not live with.

With a feeble gait, I make my way over to my dresser, using a minimal amount of force to slide open the drawers and locate a t-shirt. After retrieving the garment, I carefully position it on my body at the same time, my cell phone starts ringing, the sound of it making me growl with fury, walking over to my nightstand.

Why can't they let me mourn in fucking peace?! I lost someone, the least they can do is fucking leave me alone.

Fuck!