Chapter 18: Performing in Saitama City

It was around 11:48PM when Sora decided to save the phone number of Mr. Sato's daughter. 'Kaede, nice name.' Sora thought to himself. He grabbed his headphones and put them on and picked a playlist. This time it was time for some Japanese songs.

Sora immediately relaxed. His favorite Japanese song was playing right now. He sang a bit with the song and enjoyed it.

Tokai, Sato Residence

"Kaede! Come down for a bit!" Mrs. Sato yelled at her daughter. "I'm coming Mom!" Kaede said, she put down her pencil and paused the music. She went downstairs and saw her mother.

"What do you need Mom?" Kaede asked. "Well, your phone rang just now, Dad was calling, the call is still ongoing so talk with your father." Mrs. Sato said and handed Kaede her phone and walked away.

"Hey Dad, what's up?" Kaede asked. "Right now the dark sky is up." Mr. Sato said. Kaede laughed a little. "Seriously Dad, what do you need?" Kaede asked. "Well, I gave him your phone number. He could be texting you anytime. The phone number doesn't look like the standard Japanese phone number." Mr. Sato said.

Kaede thought a bit. "Who could text me?" She asked. "You know, I am his teacher and manager." Mr. Sato said. Then the cogs in Kaede's started working.

"Oh did you give my number to Phantom Fang?!" She asked with surprise. "Yes, and he might swing by sometime, but after the tour he is going back to America to attend some.. personal business, but he will swing by sometime." Mr. Sato said.

Kaede screamed in her mind. "Really Dad? Really! I get to meet Phantom Fang!?" She asked. "Yes you will, and I can say he is sometimes not reachable, he is then in his own little world, but he is a good guy, he cares about his loved ones and he is also polite." Mr. Sato said.

"That's awesome! I really want to know more about him!" Kaede said immediately. "Well, you need to wait for when he swings by." Mr. Sato laughed.

"Okay, I will hold my horses now. But I better get to see him often." Kaede said. "I think you will Kaede, now I have to go. Goodnight Kaede." Mr. Sato said.

"Goodnight Dad." Kaede said and she hung up. She went to her room with her phone, as it is fully charged now.

Saitama City, Sora's Rented Apartment

It was 12:11AM and he pulled out his phone, stopped the music and put off his headphones. He scrolled through his contacts when he saw Sato Kaede.

He then called her phone. Kaede picked up. "Hello?" Kaede asked. "Hello, is this Sato Kaede-san?" Sora asked. "Yes, I am Sato Kaede. Who are you?" She asked. "I am Phantom Fang. But my real name is Nakano Sora." Sora said.

Sora heard a scream of excitement. "Are you really Phantom Fang!?" She asked. "Yes I am, your father also gave me your address so I can swing by sometime soon. So Kaede, how are you?" Sora asked.

"KAEDE KEEP IT DOWN, IT IS FUCKING 12 AM AND YOU SCREAM, JUST GO TO BED!" Mrs. Sato yelled and Sora heard it. He chuckled as Kaede apologized.

"Sorry about that, my Mom doesn't really like screaming past 12." Kaede says. "I get it. Now back to my question, how are you?" Sora asked.

"W-well I'm doing good, how are you Mister Phantom Fang?" Kaede asked. "I'm also doing good, I was just reading a light novel a borrowed from a friend. Oh and call me Sora if you will, it'll probably be easier than to say Phantom Fang everytime." Sora asked.