Chapter 18

BPOV

"So you think it has something to do with your car?" Edward asked over the phone as I relayed the incident to him.

"I don't know. Maybe I'm lucky mine is out of action for awhile, maybe the freak tampered with it?" I said feeling paranoid.

"I can get it looked over by a mechanic if you want?" Edward said.

"Jake comes from a mechanic family, they all know how to build an engine from scratch, he's looking over both the cars for me but I don't know I just feel... watched." I explained.

"Do you think it's time to go to the police?" He asked.

"Nothing's happened yet, what happens if I'm just being paranoid." I said.

"What if you're not?"

"I'm scared" I told him. "This morning Dad closed the kitchen cabinet door too quickly and I jumped" I added sitting down on the window seat in my room "Thank can't be good for the baby can it?" I asked.

"No" Edward said "Especially after your last pregnancy I want you to be relaxed. How are you sleeping?" he asked.

"Lying down on my bed, eyes clothes, varied stages of dress depending on room temperature" I told him.

"I meant the quality of the sleep" He explained and I laughed.

"Mediocre compared to when I sleep next to you" I told him.

"Are you sure you don't want to move in here?" he asked.

"Believe me the offer does sound appealing but I still think it would be rushing it" I told him.

"I supposed I'll just have to resign myself to sneaking in your bedroom window tonight then." He said.

"You could use the door you know"

"More romantic" He stated.

"Yeah nothing says romance like a night in the emergency room, when you fall out of the tree and break your arm." I told him.

"Oh ye of such little faith" He stated.

"Don't you have an appointment to get to?" I asked him.

"Yeah"

"What's Annie doing today?" I asked curiously.

"Whatever Riley has decided to do to keep her occupied" Edward explained.

"Do you think he would be against me taking her out shopping? I want to pick up some baby stuff. Riley and Dr. Harvey do both agree we need to keep the kids involved with the baby." I said.

"I think that's a good idea. Then after Eddie and I get out of the session we can bring them for lunch or something?" Edward asked.

"Sounds great" I said. "I'll get Dad to drive me over in fifteen minutes; you and Eddie should be gone by then right?"

"Yeah I'm leaving with him now."

"Call me when you're done." I told him.

"I will, Love you"

"Love you too." I said hanging up. "Dad can you drive me over to Edward's in about ten minutes?" I asked him.

"Sure" Dad said but he looked pale.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

"Just a little stomach upset" He said before blanching and running to the bathroom.

"Dad you must have eaten something bad. I'll drive myself over again?" I called through the bathroom door.

"Okay" He said. "Keys are by the door."