A Few Quick Notes

Hello!

I don't know if anyone will ever see this, but I just want to address a few things: 

1. I am not a writer. This was a passion project that I never intended to show anyone, but it kind of spiraled into something else entirely.  I have taken a lot of creative liberties with the story. I understand that the relationships between certain characters in the game are not the same as how I've depicted them, but this is kind of my own thing at this point and I like it that way. It is also going to be quite long, and I fully intend to finish. 

2. I was really inspired by a creator named GingerD and their fic "For a Long Time Looking at Stars." I cannot recommend their work enough. Their characterization of Shane and overall darker tone were absolutely incredible. 

3. I went with a Gray's Anatomy kind of thing and have named each of my chapters after a song. I highly recommend listening to the songs if you're into the story at all because I did put a lot of thought into them lmao.

4. HEAVY TW for some of the themes in this story. If any of the following are going to be upsetting for you, I would suggest not reading this fic. I'll indicate what will be present in each chapter so you can skip anything that is extra upsetting, but these themes are present for most of the story.

-Substance abuse (Including alcoholism and IV drug use)

-Eating disorders (specifically restrictive behaviors, binging/purging later on)

-Depression/Anxiety

-Suicide/Suicidal Ideations

-Mourning/loss

-Divorce

-Abuse

If you're still reading this then thank you! I put a lot of work into this story, and I really hope it's enjoyable!