Chapter 11.5

'This isn't right!' I screamed in my head, rushing through the open and unusually empty streets in the middle of the day. I'm being chased; generally I would fight back but by who and why is the reason I'm running. Looking over my shoulder as I made it to the market street, filled with different products, food, fabrics, trinkets and such, was a big flash of red skidding to a halt before almost vanishing from where he stood. 

Turning forward only to run into a pair of open arms, caging me to them! I let out a gasp of shock as I stared face to face with my chaser. "You really shouldn't run away while someone is trying to proclaim their undying love for you...that is, unless you don't love me, little ruby." Red Son asks, as he cups my face. Before I could answer, we burst into a spontaneous combustion to disappear in moments, feeling nothing but a burst of heat that didn't torch me alive.

Pushing back, tripping on my own feet, as he just seemed to have let me go. I looked around to see I'm in a palace room of sorts. It was both dark but well lit and had many different intricate patterns as well as decorations that would make it feel more dark and intimidating than compared to a palace room you would see in any classic cartoon or Disney movie. Looking for any kind of exit to run to, I failed to notice the pair of eyes on me before I was picked up and pulled into what I called it a death grip and to anyone else seeing it, a very welcoming hug.

 "My Son, I see you have brought back your fiancé." Said a large and rumbling voice, coming from behind me. Looking up, I see the Demon Bull King has me in his grasp. I released another gasp from not only the fact I'm not getting killed by him but the soft and tender look a loving parent would give to their child they are just so proud of!

I wasn't paying attention to what was being said, I was brought out of my stupor as I was set on my feet and a large gust of wind surrounded me, incasing me and blocking out my view from outside of it. Red began to consume the wind along with a glowing of gold too before the wind seemed to have burst away and I was in a very beautiful and fancy hanfu. A few simple but fancy gold designs decorated the sleeves and shoulder over the hanfu, the collar, the sash and center tapestry. My hair was pulled back and had a traditional hair piece in it, holding it back in a delicate way. Moving slightly, I realized on the back was a long red train following from my shoulders, down.

 Moving slightly, I realized on the back was a long red train following from my shoulders, down