Chapter 9

Again, amazing how many views you got this story up to. I can't even look anything related to Journey to the West or Monkie Kid without seeing this almost in the beginning or with very little scrolling. As I said, this is posted for my (late) birthday gift for you and kind of a way to satisfy you guys before the next big news I have. I'll tell you at the end of the next chapter. This is gonna be a 2 part.

On with the story and hope you all enjoy it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Relax your body, take deep slow breaths to help calm both body and mind. Forget all you tension and worries. Good. Let your mind go and wander to a more happier or even a relaxing place that only your mind may find." Instructed Sandy, quiet wooden chimes blew in the breeze while he softly spoke as he instructed me through our meditation session.

He made the suggestion while we were having a calming cup of tea. I never had much taste for it but I didn't mind giving it a try. I decided to tell him about the powers that were acting up but going away shortly after; that's where the suggestion came from, he thinks that maybe through some meditation I could unlock or figure something out. These powers were still foreign to me and it's not like it would hurt to try.

Slowly breathing in, I let go what all my worries, my surroundings and my senses. Slowly everything went darker and darker.

But it felt warm; I felt like I was being embraced again.

It almost.....like I'm floating in water. No weight, nothing holding me back. I don't even feel like I'm sitting with my hands together. 

There's a warm glow slowly growing....it's coming from my chest. I took another slow breath and let my it continue doing what it's doing. It grew warmer and bigger; surrounding me in a flower bulb before slowly opening again.

I felt something go by my eyes; I needed to see it. Slowly opening, I saw streams or ribbons, maybe even movie films with a white glow on the outer part of them, moving by silently and yet I can hear what each moment is saying if I look at them. 

I could see Monkey King and another Monkey demon fighting each other. There's Mei controlling the monkey mech that MK created.

And--

There's my family. I see my mom hugging me tightly with the police around me, police tape up and around the museum exhibit I was in. She was holding me close with a blanket over my shoulders and she's petting my hair and rocking us together. The place looked destroyed from what I last recalled before I was spirited away.

"Where am I?" I asked, seemingly echoing forever here.

"In your mind; seeing the future. Both nearby and distance." A voice replied by. I couldn't tell if it was male or female, where it came from, or if it was from someone I know or not. But I know I can trust it.

"Another power? How do I control these?"

The voice didn't answer this time but another did.