- Eleven -

- Your POV -

Scarlett and I were in the living room watching a movie when I heard her stomach make a familiar noise.

" I'm going to make you a sandwich," I said and she looked at me.

" I'm not hungry," she said and I raised an eyebrow and waited, and in less than five seconds later her stomach made the same noise.

" Okay, I can go for a sandwich..."

I got up from the couch, ' is there something you are not eating? "

" Mayo, it makes me sick, oh and now I'm eating dairy-free cheese," she said and I nodded.

" So, ham, cheese, pickles? " I asked and she nodded " lots of pickles "

" Alright, be right back "

I went to the kitchen and made Scarlett a smoothie and a sandwich and went back to the living room.

I handed her her food and she smiled.
" Can I ask you something?"

" Sure, "

She took a bite of her sandwich and ate it before she looked at me.

" How come you never told me about your Biological parents? Like, we have known each other since forever, but you never told me about your life before Jessica and James adopted you"

I stopped smiling and sat on the ground next to Scarlett.
" There's not much to tell, I was raised in an abusive household, my father was a pervert who... Used to sexually assault women, my mother was a submissive wife who got beaten daily, and I had a brother, when he died, I ran away, Jessica and James found me and they raised me... "

" How old were you?"

" When they found me? I was 13..."

" Your biological parents... Have you heard from them after that?"

I shook my head " no, they didn't want me, and I don't want them,"

" They never tried to get in touch with you?" She asked and I hummed.

" They did, when they found out Jessica has adopted me, they tried to get in touch but James, he got the police involved and I haven't heard from or about them since " I explained and Scarlett nodded.

" You said that they didn't want you..."

" I was a mistake, Scarlett... They didn't wish for a child, they always told me that I was one, so, since I was a child, I made sure to plan out everything in my life, to avoid..."

" To avoid making a mistake..." She said and touched her belly.

I saw that and went over to her and took her hand in mine.
" Hey, look at me, this is not a mistake, they will never be a mistake to me..."

" Why not? It's not like we planned this to happen,"

I kissed the top of Scarlett's head " we did, we picked the names, we talked about it, sure, they came a bit sooner than we anticipated, but our kids are not a mistake, nothing between you and me, will ever be a mistake"

"you truly mean that?"

" Yeah... "

She smiled and I placed her legs on my lap, and I started to rub her feet.
" What else did you think our future would be like?"

"Our future WILL be something like this... A big penthouse in Manhattan, near your family, we can get that house upstate that you always wanted, so the kids will have a place to play and have fun and we will take a break from the city, we will have a big pool, maybe a dog or two..." I said and she smiled.

" And?"

" And I will pay for the wedding of your dream and from there on, we will do anything and everything you want, cause you will be my wife and I will be yours," I said and she looked at me.

" Y/N... Yesterday you were fucking Gal Gadot, you couldn't look me in the eyes, and now you are here, you built the cribs... You are talking about our future, about us being together... What changed?"

She asked and I stood quiet.
" Y/N... What changed? Why are you acting like we need to do everything now? "

" Because... Chris told me... About the situation of the birth of the twins"

She pulled away from me " so you are doing this out of pity?"

" No no, I'm doing this because... Because I already lost too much time without you, I don't want to waste anymore, and if... If something happens, I want to be there, and I want to keep the promise I had made myself..."

" And what promise is that?"

" To love you till the end of the world."

" My death is hardly the end of the world," she said and I shook my head.

" It would be to me..."