chapter 25 {telling the truth}

Bruce puts a new bandage around your shoulder and puts it in a sling to support your arm. "are you okay" Bucky asked you "yes i'm fine, thanks Bucky" you say hugging him. he walked out with Bruce and Tony, leaving you alone in the room with Steve. "I'm so glad you're okay, I was so worried" he says hugging you. you smile at him. "what are you smiling at" he asked you smiling back at you. "you just worry too much. Bucky told me this story about you when you 2 were young, how he stayed with this girl and you looking for him all night" you say laughing. "yeah it was funny for him, I was tired because I looked all night for him" he said laughing back "I didn't know he remembered that" Steve said, happiness in his eyes as he thought back to that time. "I'm so glad you 2 get along" Steve said looking at you seriously. "yeah we talked things out, he was just scared he would ruin things between us, because of our history together" you say looking to the ground. "you know i don't mind about your history together right" he said lifting your head up.

"Steve, I need to tell you something" you say in a serious tone. "at hydra we would, you know take each other's mind of off things" you say swallowing hard "it helped me deal with my feelings, well more like letting me not feel my feelings" you say now tears forming in your eyes. "it's okay" Steve said to you. "you can tell me" he said looking into your eyes. "i-i" you say scared of his reaction when you tell him, tears streaming down your face now. Steve wipes your tears away with his thumbs looking at you calmly. "that night i-i uhh, when Fury locked me up and told me i killed those man, I just felt like, I just felt like i was nothing more than what hydra made me" you say fully crying now, Steve grabs your hands and rubs then slowly with his thumbs, just calmly listening to what you had to say. "I just felt like this thing, I haven't felt in months and then Bucky walked in. he couldn't sleep either because of his nightmares and we just, it just felt like, we just" you say looking to the ground not wanting to look Steve in the eyes when you tell him. "we had sex" you say letting your tears fall to the ground. "I know we shouldn't have, it just felt familiar, it's just been a way for us to deal with things and i know that that doesn't make it okay, I'm so sorry Steve" you said looking up at Steve.

he stood up and hugged you "it's okay" he whispers to you. "no it's not" you say letting go off him. "you know y/n we weren't really officially together back then. and it explains why you couldn't have sex before but after that night you could" he said calmly. "aren't you mad?" you looked at him confused. "no i'm not" he said lifting your head up making you look directly into his eyes. "thank you for telling me" he said calmly. "Steve i just want you to know Bucky and i talked about it and we agreed that we're just going to be friends nothing more, this isn't gonna happen again. I just hope you still want me to be your girlfriend, because I just can't imagine my life without you and i know i fucked up and you can be angry just.." before you finish you sentence Steve kisses you passionately. "I absolutely still want you to be my girlfriend y/n" he says before kissing you deeply again. after a few seconds he pulled away. "I'm so proud of you" he says to you, you look at him confused this was absolutely not the reaction you expected. "I'm proud of you for telling me and I'm so proud of you for just sharing your feelings, I know you find it hard to do and you're so brave for doing that y/n". he said smiling at you. "well i promised" you said smiling softly back at him. "come on we need to pack out stuff we're leaving soon" Steve said helping you up from the chair and helping you pack your stuff. "let's go home" you say smiling to your boyfriend. you packed camp and loaded everything into the jet. as soon as you sat on the jet you fell asleep, tired off your first mission with the avengers.

*steve's pov*

as soon as the jet was in the air y/n fell asleep. she looked so cute when she was sleeping. you saw Bucky look at her too with an smile on his face. you were happy they were getting along together. Bucky's eyes left y/n as he saw you looking at him. you walked over to him. "hey buck can we talk?" you asked him. "yeah sure" he answered and you sensed he was a bit nervous. you walked over to a quiet place on the jet were you could talk in private. "how are you" you asked him. "I'm okay" he answered. "listen buck, she told me" you say, Bucky looked confused at you. "the night you had sex with her, when her powers got out of control" you said as you saw Bucky look to the ground. "I'm sorry Steve i shouldn't have done that, it was wrong of me it was just bad habit, i know that doesn't make up for it, I'm sorry" he said looking at you and you could really see he was sorry.

"it's okay buck" you said smiling at him softly. "I just wanted you to know that i know about it. I know how much you care for her and i just want to make you clear that if you ever wanna talk about something. if that is about your time at hydra or not and if it's about y/n or not, you can always talk to me" you say looking at your best friend. "thanks Steve, I just want you to know that y/n and i are just friends now, nothing more we promised each other. she even did the pinky thing" Bucky said making you laugh "the pinky thing" you say laughing, Bucky now smiled too. "I'm glad you don't ignore her anymore" you say to Bucky. "yeah i just, I've hurt her enough and yes i know it was at hydra, brainwashed and all, but that doesn't make it less true that i've hurt her. and yet she still wants to be my friend, she is an amazing person and she deserves so much better than me" Bucky said.

"well buck, I think you're pretty amazing too" you say to your best friend. "thanks Steve" he said smiling at you. "come on!'" you say throwing your hands open inviting him for a hug, you just hug each other tightly. "don't you dare hurt her Steve, or i will kill you" Bucky said smiling at you as you let go of each other. "I won't" you say back. "promise?" Bucky said smiling sticking his finger out. "promise" you say back hooking your finger into his and hugging him again. "if you ever want a threesome, you'll know where to find me" Bucky joked, you grinned at his command "what to soon?" "no it was funny" you said back laughing at Bucky.

you walked back to your seat sitting next to y/n. she woke up when you sat down. "oh i'm sorry didn't want to wake you up" you said to her. she just smiled and put her head on your chest, snuggling up to you. "this lays better anyways" she said before falling back asleep clearly tired. and in this moment you felt truly happy.