chapter 2 {starting over}

Steve opened the door to your room. "Whoah" you said looking in the room. "Is it to your liking" Steve said smiling at you. "This is the biggest room I've ever had" you said to him, walking thru the door. In the middle of a room was a queen sized bed with clean white sheets on them. 

 on the left next to the door was a bathroom with a shower and a bath and is was super clean

 to the right from the door was a closet filled with clothes. 

"Is this all for me" you asked

"Is this all for me" you asked. "Yeah we figured you could use some clothing". " Thank you" you said smiling to him, it's probably been years that you actually smiled. you walked back to Steve to thank him, but your legs gave out. Steve could just catch you before you fell. "Okay, I think you need something to eat, I'll walk you to the kitchen" Steve said. you walked with him to the kitchen, well half walked half leaning on the man you just met minutes ago. Steve sat you down on a chair in the kitchen and began to make some food for you.

 Steve sat you down on a chair in the kitchen and began to make some food for you

At that moment 2 girls walked in. "Is this the hydra girl" one of them asked Steve. "yes Natasha, and her name is y/n don't call het hydra girl I'm sure she doesn't need to be reminded of that place". she walked up to you, she looked friendly. "hey I'm Natasha" she said smiling at you. "and I'm Wanda" the other girl said. "Are you okay" Wanda asked "you look a bit.." "I'm fine" you answered "probably just need to eat something" you said giving them a soft smile. "You girls want something too "Steve asked them. "Now we already had some". Natasha said back. "the team not back yet?" she asked Steve. "No I haven't hear from them yet, thought they would be here by now, i guess it wasn't as easy as they thought". "I guess" Natasha said back a bit of worry in het tone. then a sound came out of nowhere "message for the avengers" the voice said. "speaking of the devil" Natasha said. "thanks Jarvis" Natasha said "play massage". you looked around but couldn't figure out where the voice came from. "hey guys" you hear a male voice say, "mission is going to take longer, the situation is worse than we thought, hopefully we'll be back in a week or 2, don't worry everything is under control for now". the voice disappeared. "so that's why they aren't back yet" Steve said at Natasha. "what was that" you asked panic showing in your eyes. they all looked at you worried. "that is Jarvis" Natasha said. "no need to fear it, it's a sort of computer designed to help with communication". you didn't fully understand but the explanation calmed you down a bit. "here you go" Steve said putting a plate with food before you, sitting opposite of you.

 "here you go" Steve said putting a plate with food before you, sitting opposite of you

you grabbed a fork and started eating, he had made some greens, rice and meat. you ate the greens and rice like it was the best thing you've eaten in your life, because it was well as far as you could remember. at hydra they just gave you water and dry bread if you were lucky. you finished your greens and rice and you tried to eat the meat. you put the fork in and wiggled it hoping you could get a piece off. "you know that works better with a knife right" Steve said looking at you struggling to get a piece off. chills ran over your spine thinking of it, knives were a thing you associated with pain and torture and it reminded you of him. you slowly picked the knife up, you looked at it like it could cut you at any moment. you breath started to become heavy, your hands started to shake and it became hard to breath and before you knew it you had a panic attack. "are you okay" you hear Steve ask. You didn't answer, you let the knife fall to the ground, you pulled your knees up and buried your head between your legs trying to catch your breath. Steve came rushing over you het turned the chair so he could face you. "hey you're okay" he said in a calm tone "they can't hurt you here, you are safe". his words calmed you down you lifted your head up a little and looked him in his eyes, calming you down further. "that's right, now deep breaths". he said, you looked to the ground trying to focus on your breath until you felt okay again. "look at me" Steve said to you. you looked into his beautiful blue eyes. "just remember you are save here, no one is going to hurt you, we're here to help". even though people around you lied to you for years, for some reason you felt like you could trust him. "are you okay now" he asked. you nodded your head yes. Steve walked back to his chair and grabbed your plate, cutting the meat for you. "here you go" he said shoving the plate back to you "next time just ask okay" he said smiling at you kindly. "okay" you say back softly.

after you finished your food Steve asked to watch a movie together. "which movie do you wanna watch y/n". you looked through the movies. "harry potter" you said recognizing the movie. "I used to watch this at home". you went silent after you said that. "what's wrong" Steve asked. "it's just, I remember watching the movie with my parents but i-i don't remember them, what they look like, what their names are, nothing". you said feeling sad, how could you not remember your parents. "it'll come back in time" Steve told you "you will remember it just takes time and some work". "I just feel like i don't know who i am" you told him. "I've always been y/n always fighting and being made into a weapon, but outside hydra i don't know who i am and if my parents are even alive, all i know is to fight every fucking day". you said with tears in your eyes. "then that's what we're going to do" Steve said. you looked at him confused. "starting tomorrow you're gonna do fight training until you start to remember". "and that will work" you asked him. "well it worked for Bucky" he said. "who's Bucky" you asked him. "he's a friend of mine, he was taken by hydra too, training worked for him, to remember life before hydra". "okay let do it than" you said excitedly.

Steve started the movie but didn't really watch it. you just couldn't wait for tomorrow, to start remembering who you were before hydra and even more important to remember who your family is.