chapter 10 { the party}

[a week later]

Steve walked in with your dinner and sat on a chair next to you. "dinner for y/n" he said with a big smile on his face. "thanks" you said looking at your plate, Steve always made sure that the things you needed a knife for were already cut for you, it was so sweet. "how are you feeling" he asked you. "I'm feeling a lot better, especially now that you're here" you said smiling at him. you saw him blush, you loved seeing him blush.

you finished your food while you talked. "when do we start training again?" you asked him. "not yet, your wound needs to be fully healed, before you start training again". you felt a bit disappointed you really wanted to start training again, you just wanted to do something, to do something that made it so you didn't have to think about things. "I asked Nat to train with you, she's okay with it but you have to promise me you're not trying to kill her again" he said jokingly. "why don't you train with me?" you asked Steve. "you said you didn't wanna train with me anymore remember, after what happened" he said looking a bit sad. you started to remember that conversation, where you told him you didn't like him, shit you thought to yourself, you really fucked up. "oh yeah sorry, I didn't remember, I promise i won't try to kill Natasha" you said looking to the ground. the room went silent, you both said nothing, staring at the wall before you.

than the door opened and Wanda and Natasha came storming in. "Steve get out we're having a girls night" Wanda said smiling. Steve stood up "have fun" he said looking at you before leaving the room. Natasha came sitting on the right to you on the bed and Wanda on the left. "so how do you feel" Natasha asked. "a lot better" you said smiling at her. Wanda grabbed face masks and gave it to you and Natasha. you put the face mask on "ahh exactly what i needed" you said. "give me your hand" Natasha said also wearing her face mask. "which color, I have red, black or pink" she asked you. "black" you answered as she grabbed the nail polish and started painting your nails. "so tell us" Wanda said looking at you with a grin "what's the deal with you and Steve?" "we're just friends" you said blushing a little. "don't bullshit us y/n, we know you like him, look at you, you're blushing and we only mentioned his name" Natasha said. "and i know you 2 kissed" she said. "no way!" Wanda said "why didn't you tell me". "nothing is happening between us" you said feeling a bit sad "I fucked up". "so you do like him!" Wanda said "what happened?" "he asked me out" you told them still blushing a little. "he did?" Natasha asked surprised "that's a big deal for him". "what did you say?" Wanda asked curious. "I told him i didn't see him that way and that i wanted someone else to train with me" you said looking down. "why did you say that, when you clearly like him" Natasha asked you. "I thought i was going to go back at hydra" you said feeling stupid "I didn't wanna leave him with the thought he lost me or that he did something wrong, I just wanted him to move on when i wasn't here anymore, I wanted him to forget about me and move on with his life" you told the girls sitting next to you. "did you tell him what you're telling us now?" Wanda asked. "no" you said back "I don't want him to know i lied". "I'm sure he will understand the position you were in" Natasha said. "if you tell him this, I'm sure he will understand" Wanda said. "ughh boys" you said falling backwards now laying in the bed. Natasha and Wanda laughed at you. "couldn't agree more" Natasha said. you had a fun night with Natasha and Wanda, after Nat finished your nails you watched a movie together and ate popcorn. you felt happy, you couldn't really remember you ever having a fun night like this, and you fell asleep peacefully.

[2 days later]

your wound was almost completely healed. tony was throwing a party to celebrate having his daughter back and you being almost fully recovered. you stood before your closet, "trouble choosing?" Natasha asked walking thru the door. "yeah you can say that, I can't remember ever going to parties, so i have no idea what to wear" you said to her. "no problem, I'm gonna help you look smoking hot tonight" she said smiling at you looking through your closet. "what about this one?" she asked you, she showed you a dress with an open back. "no, the back is to open" you said. "come on y/n, I bet you look sexy in this". "I'm not wearing that Nat" you said back making clear you weren't comfortable wearing something with an open back. "okay, what about this one" she held out a red dress, your back would be covered in this one but it would show a lot of skin. "I don't know Nat, I think i'm just gonna wear some jeans and a simple shirt". "absolutely not" Nat replied "your gonna try this dress on right now, I bet you feel sexy in it". "okay, i try this on, but if i don't like it i go in jeans and a shirt" you say walking to the bathroom to try it on. you changed into the dress and walked out to look in the full length mirror who stood next to your bed. you looked in the mirror, you've never seen yourself like this, you felt pretty.