Chapter 13 - I Saw It

Začít od začátku

"I advise you to tell your teachers about this though... So, everytime you need your inhaler, you just stare at them and they'll let you out of class."

"Thanks, doc. And... I wanna ask, since when have I always had asthma?" I asked extremely curious about my past.

"You had it ever since you were born, but it stopped when you started your freshman year and now it is back again becaue of just now. Well, I need to go now... Take care of yourself and you may get your inhalers at the counter. Goodbye." 

Doctor Smith smiled and walked out. I stared at where he was standing just a second ago. I had it ever since I was born? But it stopped during freshman year... What? Did mom and dad knew? They probably didn't. If they did, they would've told me. 

Just when I was about to stand up, Kim came in. She ran towards me. "What are you trying to do? I'll help you." Kim carried me up and brought me inside the toilet. 

"I can walk, Kim." I laughed while shaking my head. She said a "Fine" and went to sit at the bed. I took my clothes off the cupboard in the room and went to change in the toilet. 

~*~

"So, what did the doctor say about your sudden fainting?" Kim said. I really wanted to tell her the truth, but I didn't want her to worry more. Sha was already in the hospital, so I couldn't. 

"Oh, nothing. He said it was just I was too tired but he was not sure too." 

Kim nodded. We were on the lift going to visit Sha before Kim and I go to school. We were already late, so why not spend more time? The problem now is that I need to go get my inhaler without Kim knowing. 

When we reached Sha's room's floor. "Kim, you go visit Sha, I need to go down to the counter and see what the nurse says about my sudden fainting again. Maybe they found the reason." I said hoping she would say yes.

"Okay, then. I'll meet you downstairs." She waved goodbye before walking to Sha's room. I went down again, and went to the counter. I saw an old lady smiling and typing away in her computer. 

"Hey. I'm Cheryl Lester. I'm here to take my asthma inhaler?" I said to her.

"Oh, hi dear! Here it is." She gave me a black plastic bag. 

"Thank you! Bye!" I smiled before sitting on one of the waiting chairs. I put the black plastic bag inside my bag. When Kim came down, we headed back to the apartment. I said I needed to take something and told her to wait downstairs at the lobby while I went up. 

I went into my room and took out one inhaler and put it into my jacket pocket. I hid the plastic bag under my bed and made sure it was not seen. 

~*~

When we reached school, Kim said she needed to go to her class. I decided to go to the teacher's office and tell Mr. Henry about my condition, so I walked up the stairs to the second floor and headed over to the teacher's office. I knocked on the door before walking in.

"Oh, hey Cheryl. What do you need?"

"Ummm... I have something to tell you." I said quite seriously.

"Really? Okay, sit please." He said gesturing towards the chair in front of him. 

I sat down and tried to compose myself before speaking. "Mr. Henry, I have asthma. I almost have had asthma but just yesterday, it became more serious when I suddenly couldn't breathe. So, I wanted you to tell my teachers that if they ever see me breathing weirdly and staring at them, I hope they would let me out of the class and use my asthma inhaler. I wouldn't want the students to know that I have asthma." I said to him.