38. I'll Win Even If It Kills Me

Referee: 82-91, Woolim!

Players: Thank you!!!

Woolim coach: We won three out of three games at this camp.
Minseo: Maybe they just got lucky at the preliminaries.
Woolim coach: I don't like to think we lost because of luck. Minseo, go run!
Minseo: *taken aback*
Woolim coach: You guys who played should know better than anyone. They were stronger now than they were when we lost at the preliminaries. On top of that, they're that strong without Beomgyu. At this rate, we'll have to be careful this winter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was night time and Beomgyu is still playing basketball by himself until Yeji appeared

Yeji: You're working hard
Beomgyu: Not really. I was just putting this ball away, so I thought I'd practice a little first. Actually...
Yeji: Mm?
Beomgyu: I've just been running on the beach by myself during this whole trip.
Yeji: What? Really?
Beomgyu: And the game's always over by the time I get back! Why did I even come here?
Yeji: What? You still haven't noticed? I'll tell you, then. Try jumping.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeonjun: By the way, what do you think Beomgyu's practice is?
Soobin: Huh?
Yeonjun: It's not just strength training, right?
Soobin: I think that's all he's doing, but it's probably to draw out his true power.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Minseo was nearby, he was buying drinks for everyone including Bighit until he saw Beomgyu jumped, Minseo was startled by it and he hid behind a bush.

Minseo's thoughts: Bighit's lady coach and Beomgyu? What are they doing? Wait a minute...

When Minseo looked up to the basketball glass board...

Minseo's thoughts: He easily jumped higher than the hoop

Yeji: You're tired, so that's all you can manage right now. Try jumping the other way now.
Beomgyu: Huh?

Minseo's thoughts: The other way?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soobin: Don't you think his jumps are a little erratic?
Yeonjun: Now that you mention it, I guess so.
Soobin: Maybe it's because he's good at one handed dunks with his right arm, but he tends to jump off his left leg. However, his highest jumps occur when he jumps off his right leg.
Yeonjun: Wait what?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Minseo: *drops coin* Oops!

Yeji: Beomgyu you idiot, you hit it too hard!