12. Your Basketball Pt2

Outside the steak restaurant

Yeji: Thanks for the food!
Steak owner: Yeah, don't come back!

Beomgyu: I think I ate way too much. *Holding his tummy*
Yeonjun: You really are a monster.
Jihoon: But you saved us.
Yeji: Okay, let's go home. Is everyone here?
Yeonjun: Where's Kai?
Taehyun: I'm sure he's near the back, just like he always...

When they looked back he wasn't there.

Bighit players: He's not there.

At a park

Asahi: it's been a while since we last talked like this. How's your injury?
Kai: I'm fine.

Asahi sat in the bench.

Asahi: I saw Junho.
Kai: Honestly, I don't get along with him very well.
Asahi: *laughed a bit* Now that you mention it, you're right. That left hand of his is no joke. Especially on good days for Cancers.
Kai: Yes.
Asahi: Seems like he just came to watch today's game. Anyway... First you turned me down, and then I lost today's game. Everything's going wrong with my life right now. I didn't expect you to say yes, but I was serious.
Kai: Sorry.
Asahi: I'm kidding. Anyway, I wanted to ask you for your reason. Why did you disappear *passed the ball to Kai* right after the middle school championship game?

Meanwhile in bighit

Yeji: I can't believe no one noticed him leave. I know he's no presence, but this is ridiculous.
Jihoon: Doesn't Kai have a phone?
Yeonjun: I can't believe he just disappeared like that.
Yeji: Let's just hurry up and find him.

Beomgyu: sheesh

"Hey over here, pass me the ball!"
Beomgyu looked at where the noise was.

Beomgyu: Street ball.

"It's been a while since I've seen that in Korea." Beomgyu thought.

But then as soon as kept walking he saw Kai in the playground with Asahi.

Kai: I'm not sure
Asahi: What?
Kai: It's true I began to question Dankook's policies because of the championship game. I felt we lacked something.
Asahi: Sports are all about winning. What could be more important?
Kai: I thought the same thing until recently. So I still don't know exactly what's wrong with it, but...All i know is I hated basketball at the time. The feel of the ball. The squeak of basketball shoes. The swish of the net. I started playing because I loved the game. That's why I was so impressed when I met Beomgyu. He loves basketball from the bottom of his heart. He seems to have been through rough times, but he still takes basketball more seriously than anyone else.
Asahi: I don't get it. I can say one thing, though. If you think so highly of Beomgyu because of his attitude towards basketball, some day the two of you will part ways. The biggest difference between me and the other four isn't our physical abilities. They all have a special ability not even I can imitate. I realised during today's game that he's still learning. Just like the Generation of Miracles, he has a unique ability. For now, he's still an immature challenger. He's enjoying the thrill of recklessly playing strong opponents. However, someday he will achieve the level of the Generation of Miracles and grow apart from his team. When he does, do you really believe Beomgyu won't be a different person?

Then outta nowhere Beomgyu bumped Kai.

Beomgyu: You bastard, why'd you disappear like that? *looked at Asahi* Hey.
Asahi: Were you listening?
Beomgyu: I sure as hell was. What the hell are you kidnapping Kai for?
Asahi: What? Who cares if I talk with him a little bit?
Beomgyu: We can't go home. The coach won't shut up about responsibility or something. We've been looking for him.

Kai heard some people talking at the court.

Bully1: Come one, you've had enough. Give someone else a turn.
Student1: We just got here. Wait your turn.
Bully2: Our turn?
Bully3: Now, now. Why don't we settle this with some basketball?

Beomgyu: Who are those thugs?

It was a three on three basketball the students were winning against the bullies, when the student was about to shoot a layup a bully came in and blocked him.

Student2: Huh? Hey, what was that? It's three on three!
Bully3: What? I said we'd play basketball. I didn't say anything about three on three.
Student2: What are you saying? That's not fair!
Bully3: *kicked student2's stomach* Huh? What's you say? Sorry I didn't hear you.

Out of nowhere...

Kai: There's nothing fair about this.
Bully3: Who the hell are you? Where'd you come from?
Kai: This isn't basketball. Besides, violence is bad.

Beomgyu: What the hell is he doing?
Asahi: Hueningkai?!

Bully2: *grabbed Kai's shirt* What do you think you're doing?
Bully3: *laughing* There are still guys like this these days. Fine, then. Let's settle this with basketball.

Asahi and Beomgyu joined the party.

Asahi: Mind if we play, too?
Beomgyu: Why'd you get involved, bastard?

Bullies: H-H-He's huge! What the hell?!

Beomgyu: Five on three's fine. Bring it on.
Bully3: What'd you say?!

After that the three scored simultaneously and also they didn't let the other team score not even one basket. Eventually they got destroyed by Beomgyu, Kai and Asahi.

Students: They destroyed them. Amazing!

Beomgyu: What were you thinking? Did you think you could win if it turned into a fight?
Kai: No, they would have beaten me up.
Beomgyu: You bastard!
Kai: *Showing his guns* look at these guns.
Beomgyu: You don't have any.
Asahi: Kai, you can be amazing sometimes.
Kai: I thought those guys were terrible. I just wanted to tell them.
Beomgyu: You should've considered the consequences first!
Kai: I forgot to
Beomgyu: Don't give me that crap!
Kai: I'm sorry
Beomgyu: you said yourself they could beat you up!
Kai: Sorry
Asahi: *smiled*

Asahi grabbed his bag so that he'll be going.

Asahi: I should get going. *smiled* I finally got to play with you, Kai. And don't think I've forgotten about my revenge, Gyu!
Beomgyu: Gyu?
Kai: Asahi calls you the last three letters of your name of those he acknowledges. That's great for you.
Beomgyu: I don't want that!
Asahi: Don't lose in the preliminaries!!

Asahi left and on his way home.

Kai: Beomgyu, I'd like to ask you something.
Did you hear my conversation with Asahi?
Beomgyu: About us parting ways? We don't even get along in the first place. You're the one who said I couldn't do it alone. If you're right, there's nothing to worry about. Besides...You'll always stand by the light. That's your basketball.
Kai: Beomgyu, you say some deep things sometimes.
Beomgyu: Shut up!

Yeonjun: There you are, you two.
Beomgyu and Kai: mm? Hyung
Yeji: come on let's go home.

Bighit players walking home while the sunset's going down.

To be continued...