2. I am Hueningkai

The School Gym

The first years are gathering in the gym for training but first introduce the second years to the first years.

Jihoon: All right, looks like all the first years are here!

The first years are beomgyu, taehyun, hueningkai, sanghoon, donghyun and jeonghoon.

Sanghoon nudges jeonghoon

Sanghoon: hey, isn't the manager cute?
Jeonghoon: She's a second year, right?
Sanghoon: If only she were sexier...

Then outta nowhere the two got punched from behind by Yeonjun.

Yeonjun: Morons, you're wrong.
Sanghoon and jeonghoon: what?
Yeji: I'm the boys' basketball club coach, Hwang Yeji. Nice to meet you.
All first years except for beomgyu : What?!!!
Sanghoon: it's not him? *pointed at the old man*
Yeji: he is our adviser, Mr.Takeda
Mr.Takeda: *waved*
Sanghoon: really? You've got to be kidding.
Yeji: So, now that you're acquainted with Mr.Takeda...take off your shirts!

...........

All first years except beomgyu: huh? What?!!!
Why??

Yeji checked the first years body back and forth to double check.

Yeji: Sanghoon, your ability to move instantaneously is a little weak. I bet you do 50 side jumps in 20 seconds, don't you? You'll need to do a bit better for the basketball team.
Sanghoon: O-okay
Yeji: Donghyun, you're too stiff.
Donghyun: Seriously? She's right.
Jeonghoon: What do you mean?
Sanghoon: How'd she know that just from looking at us?
Yeonjun: her dad's a sports trainer. Collecting data and creating a training regimen, it's a skill she picked up from observing bodies and data every day at his workplace. When she looks at your body, she sees all your physical abilities in numbers. I wouldn't expect any less from a coach.

While Yeonjun was talking about it to the first years, Yeji kept on staring at beomgyu

Beomgyu: What?
Yeji's mind: What— What is this? All his numbers are through the roof. These aren't the values of a first year high school boy! I can't even see his potential. I've never seen anything like this. Such raw talent!

While Yeji was distracted, Yeonjun snapped her out

Yeonjun: Coach! What are you staring at?
Yeji: Sorry! Um...
Yeonjun: You looked at all of them. Beomgyu's the last one.
Yeji: Really? Huh? Is hueningkai here?
Yeonjun: Oh, that kid from Dankook.

I though I'd be able to pick out someone that strong when I saw him. Yeji thought

Yeji: Looks like he's not here today. All right let's get started with practice!

Then suddenly...

Hueningkai: Um, excuse me. I'm hueningkai

After a few seconds Yeji screamed

Yeonjun: what? How long have you been there?
Kai: I've been here the whole time.

"He was right in front of me and I didn't notice? What? Did he say he's hueningkai? What? He's practically invisible!" Yeji thought

Jihoon: What? This guy's part of the Generation of Miracles? He couldn't have been a regular.
Yeonjun: Of course not. Right hueningkai?
Hueningkai: I played in games.
Yeonjun: Right? What?
Jihoon: what?
Both: What?!!!

"Generation of Miracles? What's that?" Beomgyu thought

Hueningkai: just call me Kai for short.
Yeji: Okay Kai uhh take off your shirt.
Kai: what? Okay *takes off his shirt*

After that Yeji's face was shocked in awe.
After practice she took a bus and went home. Throughout the journey, Yeji was thinking about what happened today in practice.

"Who is he? His stats are way too low. All his numbers are below average. On top of that, he's already at his limit. There's no way he could have been a regular on such a strong team. What on earth!" Yeji thought

Meanwhile on a basketball court outside

Beomgyu was playing basketball by himself shooting some hoops and lay ups. When he took a jump shot, he saw a familiar figure standing at the bottom of the hoop, dozed off and missed his shot. The figure caught the ball and the figure was Kai.

Beomgyu: When did you get here?
Kai: Nice to see you.
Beomgyu: What the hell are you doing?
Kai: What are you doing here by yourself?
Beomgyu: Nothing. I'm not doing anything.
Kai: Is that so?

There was silence just for a couple of seconds and then Beomgyu broke the silence.

Beomgyu: I was in America until my second year of middle school. I've been appalled ever since I came back....by how low the standards are here. I'm not looking to play basketball for fun. I want to play a more serious game that really gets me going. I heard all about you. I've heard all about the supposedly strong Generation of Miracles from our year. You were on that team, weren't you? I have a pretty good sense of how good others are. People who can succeed smell different from the rest. But something's not right with you. The weak should smell weak, but you... You don't smell like anything. And your strength has no scent. Let me see. Show me. Show me just how good your Generation of Miracles really is.
Kai: how fortunate. I've also been hoping to play against you. *took off his blazer uniform* one on one.
Beomgyu: *smiled* You wanna go?

To be continued...