21. To Win pt2

Bighit High vs Pledis High pt3

As soon as they passed the defense, Beomgyu was drenched in sweat and panting a lot. While chan was just smirking.

Seokmin: What are you smirking about?
Chan: Oh, sorry!
Seokmin: I mean, it's fine. You're happy Beomgyu's pushing himself too hard, aren't you? Looks like your plans working well.
Chan: Not yet! He needs to suffer more.
Seokmin: You're quite the sadist.
Chan: That pair's offensive power is certainly impressive, but only one of them can score.

Yeonjun has the possession of the ball and passed it to Beomgyu.

Beomgyu's thoughts: What's going on? They're not pressuring me at all. They're not trying to stop me? I don't know what they're thinking, but I'll slam another one through their hoop!

But, unfortunately, Beomgyu was about to dunk...

Yeonjun: Beomgyu, don't do it!!

As soon as Beomgyu jumped, Chan fell to the ground, which could've been blocking but it was...

Referee: Offensive foul, Bighit Number 10!

Crowd: That's four, that's this fourth! Bighit's scorer is having foul trouble!

Beomgyu's thoughts: He did that on purpose!

Asahi: That idiot! What is he doing?
Hyunsuk: He'll have to back down. With only one foul left, he'll be too scared to make any plays.

Bighit bench

Yeji: *sigh*
Jeonghoon: It's only the second quarter!
Jihoon: That moron!

Yeji got up from her seat to go to the score table and ask...

Yeji: Excuse me. I'd like to make a substitution.
Beomgyu: What? I'll be fine! I just have to make sure I don't get any more fouls, right? I can do it!
Yeonjun: Well, it works out. We were planning on subbing you and Kai out anyway.
Kai: me too?
Yeonjun: We decided before the game started you'd only be playing in the the first half.
Beomgyu: But why? Why would you do that?
Yeonjun: For one reason. In order to beat Junho, we need you two. Even if we win this game, we'll need a strategy to beat Junho in our next game against Woolim. As we predicted, Woolim is already conserving Junho's strength. We can't win if you two are spent.
Beomgyu: But if we lose this game, we won't even have the chance —
Yeonjun: We know it's a gamble. But if we can conserve the two of you, we'll have a slim chance of beating Woolin and going to the championship league.
Beomgyu: we'll beat Junho even if we're tired, so let us—
Kai: Beomgyu, let's do as they say.
Beomgyu: What?
Kai: I trust our seniors. And I also trust Taehyun.
Yeonjun: Well, don't worry. We'll beat Pledis.

Referee: Bighit, member change.

Hyunwoo: I haven't played in forever.
Jihoon: Let's show them what we can do, Hyunwoo.
Beomgyu: If things start to go badly, I'll play!
Jihoon: What are you talking about? You've got four fouls. Leave this to us.

On the other side of the court

Minseo: Hey, hey. Bighit benched their first year pair. Are they throwing the game?
Junho: No, they're doing just the opposite. They intend to win.

Back to Bighit and Pledis.

Yeonjun has the ball, got passed a defender, going for a layup but Chan and Mingyu defending and trying to block Yeonjun. Fortunately for Yeonjun, he saw Hangyeol to his right, passed to him and made a dunk. The score 30-31 to Pledis.