34. On To A New Challenge

The game ended with a disappointing loss for Bighit and a crushing defeat. Kai and Jeongin didn't say anything to each other and just walked passed each other. Yuna noticed and was worried for Kai. Beomgyu just had his head low and gritted his teeth. Ryujin, Chaeryeong and Lia were sad and worried that Bighit lost.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chaeryeong: Should we go to them?
Ryujin: No, from what we've seen right now, they've been crushed by JYP and comforting them won't help at the moment and they still have two games so don't lose hope just yet. But when the time is right we'll talk to them
Lia and Chae: Okay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Minseo: They doubled their score? JYP's crazy! If Bighit lost that badly, we'll lose even harder.
Hyeop: *slapped Minseo's head* What'd you say, idiot?
Minseo: Ow!
Changuk: He's right. It's not that simple. For Junho, Beomgyu was nearly the worst opponent he could have faced. But if it came down to stopping Jeongin...the Generation of Miracles' ace is off the charts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Junho: See you later, Asahi.
Asahi: That was quick! Aren't you shocked at all by these results?
Junho: You should be worried about Kai instead of me.
Asahi: What?
Junho: Kai's basketball was completely useless against Jeongin. It must have been quite psychologically damaging. Not only that, but Bighit is still a young team. It won't be easy for them to come back from that overnight. We can only hope it won't affect their remaining two games.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JYP High locker room

Hyunjin: We destroyed our opponents in our first game of the championship league!!!
Changbin: We know. You don't have to yell.

But then some JYP player started to backstab Kai.

JYP player: I thought they'd be stronger, considering they beat Woolim. Especially number 11. Kai, right? He was absolute sh*t towards the end! He was real uptight about it until the very end. He should've given up sooner.

Then out of nowhere...

Jeongin stood up and grabbed the player's shirt and lifted him up to the lockers.

Jeongin: *pissed* You sure talk a lot for someone who didn't play. IT'S ANNOYING, SO SHUT UP!!!
Hyunjin: Jeongin! What are you doing? Let him go!

Jeongin dropped the player like it was nothing and went outside.

Yuna: Jeongin...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bighit High locker room

Beomgyu: *punched his locker* Damn it.
Yeji: We still have two more games against BC and DSP! We don't have time to be sad!

But, everyone was just quiet not saying anything. And eventually the players went home except for Kai and Beomgyu.

Beomgyu: Hey. This might be our limit. I thought we could go further. But look at us. In the face of overwhelming power, I don't think we can win just by working together.

Kai was shocked of his words and Beomgyu went out of the locker room.

*Flashback*

Jeongin: Kai...I don't think you were wrong, but...I can't. I'll never find what I'm looking for. The only one who can beat me is me.