20. To Win

Bighit High vs Pledis High Pt2

After Beomgyu dunked the ball, Pledis started off with a speed pass up until to Mingyu.

Beomgyu's Thoughts: Their passing is ridiculous! They're so quick to pass the ball again after they get it!

Yeonjun: Hangyeol, he's gone!

Hangyeol went in front of Mingyu to defend, but passed it to Chan, who's gonna go for a layup. Beomgyu out of nowhere blocked him but unfortunately...

Referee: Foul! Bighit Number 10!

Yeonjun's thought: Hey, Isn't that his third one already?
Beomgyu's thought: Damn it! It's not that they're fast, they just don't use many movements! It's like they're passing the ball without ever catching it. Is this another one of their martial arts techniques?

Asahi: I thought Bighit's engine was finally running when Beomgyu scored, but they haven't managed to take another step.
Hyunsuk: You can't call yourself a king just for playing good defense. Their offense is exceptional, too. Pledis may not have prodigal scorers like you or Beomgyu, but they're a different type of team. They incorporate old martial arts into their offense, too. Pledis isn't a team of prodigies. They're a team of experts.
Asahi: There are some experts...on Bighit too (referring to Kai)

Referee: Out of bounds! Bighit ball!

Chan: A nine point difference, huh?

While he was walking to the sidelines, suddenly he bumped into someone.

Kai: Sorry.
Chan: *startled* Who are you? Have you been playing this game?
Kai: I'm Hueningkai. I have been playing.
Chan: You're kidding! Seriously? You've got so little presence!

While Yeonjun and Beomgyu were shocked

Beomgyu's thoughts: He's played him before, but doesn't remember him!
Yeonjun's thoughts: And he just told him his name!

Chan: You're a first year, too? Hey, did you know? Last year, our team was ahead of yours by 20 points in the first quarter. That's why I want to make it 30. Well, don't let it get you down!
Kai: Fine. I will make sure I am not disappointed.

After the second years heard that, they were more determined to beat these guys more than ever.

Bighit have the possession of the ball and Taehyun have it. They were pressured by the defense from Pledis. But, Taehyun passed it randomly but, out of nowhere, Kai passed from behind the defense and Hangyeol made an easy layup.

Mingyu: What? A pass from behind the defense?

Crowd: What was that pass? It came back like a boomerang. No, it didn't. It came back because someone tapped it.

Asahi: *Laughed a bit* Looks like the iron wall of Pledis' defense has never seen a pass from their wall before.

To the court

Pledis player 4: Damn it. What the hell's going on? *passed the ball to Seokmin*
Seokmin: Now, now. Calm down, kids. *Passed Taehyun*

Taehyun's thoughts: He doesn't seem strong, but he's fast!

Seokmin tried to shoot a jump shot, but, got blocked out of nowhere by Beomgyu. Taehyun with the rebound, it was fast break for Bighit. After that, both teams have been scoring endlessly, it was only 20 seconds left and the score was 16-19 to Pledis.

Seokmin passed the ball to Chan and he was about to score but, the ball got stolen by Kai. Beomgyu got the ball from the ground then passed it to Yeonjun for a three...and it went in.

Referee: First quarter over!

Score is 19-19 for both teams.

Mingyu: I heard this guy said something stupid again. (Referring to chan)
Yeonjun: Yeah. Honestly, it brought back memories of last year's trauma.
Mingyu: Sorry.
Yeonjun: But...it's fine. We got over it.

Pledis bench

Chan: We're tied? Weird! I mean, this is impossible! We're not anywhere close to our goal!
Mingyu: Chan! Don't get ahead of yourself. Keep your mouth shut. If any of you have the same ideas as Chan, remember this. They're strong. Make sure you don't think they're weaker than us!!!
Pledis coach: Yeah, yeah. Don't underestimate them. Mingyu, you understand. We're both high school teams. No one knows what will happen before the game's over. Don't leave any gaps. This game is just...

Bighit bench

Yeji: ...just getting started! Keep the formation as is! You're being led by their passes too much, so keep your zone tighter. Also, Beomgyu, you have a lot of fouls. If you just try to match your opponents like a wuss, they'll control the game's flow. Remember to play offensively!
All Bighit players: Yeah!

Announcer: Second quarter, begin.

Taehyun has the ball while Seokmin's defending him. Beomgyu asked for a pass and Taehyun immediately passed it to him. Beomgyu got the ball while Chan was defending him.

Beomgyu's thoughts: Seriously, this guy. I can't get past him, but...

Beomgyu saw Kai behind chan, immediately passed it to him between Chan's legs and Kai passed it back. Beomgyu was stopped by Mingyu, But, Beomgyu and Kai did the same thing again and then Beomgyu made a wide open dunk. After he did that he was sweating already.

Crowd: What was that? They blew past two guys!

Chan: *shocked* They can do that? Where did number 11 come from?

Hyunsuk and Asahi's POV

Hyunsuk: They can make it past that defense? *surprised*
Asahi: They're more in tune with each other than they were before.
Hyunsuk: But there's one thing bothering me. That's way too much sweat for the second quarter.

To be continued...