"You don't have to apologize, dear. Plus, it has been a long while since we have had new company, haven't we people?" Grandma Wendy asked.

"Oh yeah!"

"Yes."

"So true."

I winced while Noah glared as they started talking altogether. It is weird to see this people so enthusiastic but it actually shows that they don't mind having me here. I appreciate it but I also have to leave. I can't evade their privacy.

Suddenly, one of them picked up my hand and placed a small kiss at the back of my hand. I blinked rapidly as my brain went in shock and my cheeks reddened a shade darker than before.
The man infront of me smirked slightly with mirthful eyes. He was also beautiful. Blue eyes, dirty blonde hair, a great physique, and...

"I know I've introduced myself to you but I can't help and want to know this beautiful girl's beautiful name. So darling, what is your name?"

Before I could recover and answer him, my hand was snatched out of his light hold and intertwined with someone else's. A slow burning sensation immediately followed by electrifying sparks emitting flames in my body. I had to stop myself from taking a sharp breath because when I looked up from the joined hands, I was met with the most angry pair of intense brown eyes.

Noah tore his gaze away from me and leveled his gaze with the man who had kissed the back of my hand. His jaw visibly tightened but his grip on my hand remained soft. He looked angry. I didn't think that a person can be this angry yet so soft at the same time.

"What's up, cousin?" The man asked with a knowing smile that had me confused.

"Don't instigate me, Shawn. I'm already on edge and you know why." Noah replied lowly.

"Do I?" Shawn asked with a small chuckle as if he was laughing at his own words. He then turned to me. "Don't mind him, Noah is very childish sometimes. So beautiful girl, your na–"

"Don't fucking call her that, Shawn." I flinched back as Noah gritted his words out with a curse.

That's when he noticed how uncomfortable I had started to get while the two brothers fought over something I had no idea about. Noah's eyes softened and he sighed while backing out of the argument with a last glare his brother's way. He rubbed his thumb softly at the back of palm, right over the place where his cousin had kissed.

"You two..." said Wendy with a click of her tongue while the others looked like they wanted to laugh. "Shawn stop annoying him."

Shawn just shrugged with a smile and moved away from me.

"Yeah manh, don't piss him off or else he sure as hell will rip your head off." Said Liam as he laughed along with the others.

The feeling of skin on my hand was making it difficult to listen to what everyone around me was saying. I was so concentrated on his thumb on my skin that when I looked up, no one was there. Even Layla had seemed to disappear out the room. When Noah noticed this, he slowly let go of my hand and sat straighter.

"Are you ok?" He asked softly.

I nod and avoid eye contact.

"I'm sorry about them and I'm sorry that I got a little annoyed by my cousin. It's not like this with him, I promise. He just got on my nerves when he... I'm sorry, I'm making no sense right now." He said with a sigh.

"You don't have to apologize, Noah." I said softly.

His eyes snapped up to me and he sucked in a sharp breath. Again, I got lost in his beautiful brown eyes. His lips lifted up slightly and turned into a wide smile. I had to clench the duvet in my hands tightly to get rid of the butterflies in my stomach. What was suddenly happening to me? I was not like this before. Then why does he affect me like this? Never have I ever had so much strong feelings. Maybe I had hit my head really hard somewhere during the storm. Maybe I was losing my brain cells after that head injury. I look away before another round of emotions envelope me.