Chapter 28

He continues to kiss me still out of the car.
- We will? - he asks.
- Who said we were leaving together or going to do something?
- Sorry but you don't decide things alone.
- I know and that's why I'm going to fight to get you back. I will wait a year, three years or even a lifetime to have you again.
I love his words so much that I decide to approach him again and say:
- You won't need so much just enough to heal this pain that hurts me.
- I love you Melody.
- I know. - I shed a tear - I love you too.
He kisses my forehead and lets me in the car and closes the door before I leave.
When I start on the road I start crying without stopping, my desire was to go back and fall into his arms and kiss him but I can't. I have to resist, I have to be sure at first that when I get back to him, he won't do anything else that could hurt me. Basically the loss of his virginity was before, long before I met him, but in any case it hurt me knowing it was with my cousin.
I decide to go to Maya and Peter.
They are sitting on a cafe terrace near Peter's house.
- Hey Melody. - they say.
- Hey guys.
- Did you have to cry? - asks Maya.
- No. - I lie.
- So Melody, you won't believe ... - Maya starts to say but I let myself be carried away in my thoughts.
How is Dylan doing? Is he sad, sorry? Is he fucking another girl?
- Melody ... can you hear us? - Peter asks. I get a little embarrassed. - You didn't hear anything, did you? - Maya asks a little worried. - Honestly not. - I start to cry and she hugs me.
I then decide to be with them to go to Dylan's at night, I go into the room and he is already asleep.
- I love you so much Dylan. If only you knew the pain it causes me for not being able to forgive you. Maybe one day I will, but until I do, you will have to wait. I love you so much.
I give him a kiss on the forehead and caress his face and then I leave.
Before going to my room at the college I decide to walk on the street, get some air, breathe and let another tear out in the cold.
Why do I love him so much? And why can't I forgive him? I have and tomorrow I will talk to him and I will be able to forgive him, I have to and I can do it I know I can do it.
I wake up in the morning and see myself in the mirror and I have dark circles but I don't even undo them with makeup. I pick up my hair in a ponytail and leave my college room.
I decide to spend the day alone so that at night I know what to say to him when he arranges for him to come to me.