V1E4

Volume 1 Episode 4

* * *

"Arietta, what's wrong? Ari!"

Her father took her in his arms and started to comfort her, as she started to whimper.

When Siden behaved like that, Yuan, who she can't say whether he was bewildered, also approached her and asked her kindly.

"Did I do anything to hurt Lady Arieta's feelings?"

Yes, you did! You are the cake in the picture that I can't have!

Heck, she even has to lose him to that bastard Edel. What a waste! Even though Yuan is a black screen, she also liked bad guys! A sullen and gloomy personality that doesn't match that shiny, radiant beauty. Heavens!

Eventually, she swallowed her rants and cried louder, and the two men had to soothe her for a while. Siden gently stroked her hair while looking lost as he didn't know what to do.

After a single episode of feeling unfairness, she was so embarrassed that she had to pretend to cry more for a while and come up with a way out of this situation. Gosh.

"Ari, why do you keep crying? Did Dad do anything wrong? Huh?"

No, it's not his fault. Although he's going to do something wrong in about three years, it's fine. She'll make sure that won't happen! She'll protect him from that demonic gay man, Edel.

My Dad's mine!

"No, Dad. It's just..."

With tears in her eyes, she made herself look as pathetic as possible.

"Dad works in this palace every day, and when you come home, it's already evening. And I had to stay home alone and see you just for a bit."

"Yes, yes. And?"

"...Still, I thought we could meet at the Imperial Palace like this today, and maybe even take a little walk and spend time together!"

That's what she said and burst into tears.

This time, it wasn't real crying, it was a fake one. Still, crying came out naturally, it must be because she had been crying all week.

Should I have been an actor?

"But my Dad doesn't even know how I feel. No, I won't play with you anymore! I don't know, I want to go home!"

For a moment, both of them looked stupid at her wailing.

She was just saying whatever she wanted to get through this situation as much as she could, but their response wasn't as bad as she thought. In fact, those were the words she would never have said if she was only sober. A really reckless, child-like line.

"Daughter!"

Her father's eyes suddenly widened as if moved by emotion, and he instantly hugged her with strong force. He was holding her in his arms tightly, and she was having a hard time breathing, but in an instant, her father cried with her.

Wait, this is unexpected. She was very surprised inside, and wondered why he was suddenly doing this, but she soon thought of the original Arietta and was able to understand Siden.

Arietta has been a very mature child since she was young. The reason why Siden became so disheartened was because Arietta did not want to share her feelings with Siden at all. The loneliness, the sadness, and the pain were all kept on her own. So, Siden loved Arietta even more, and he felt even more sorry for her.

Although he always watched Arietta, who she was carrying on her own back, with a proud and happy heart, on the other side of Siden's mind, such thoughts coexisted.