Chapter 19

It was an entourage that was worth seeing.
The gates remained open for cars to come in.
People from different families smelling of money, fame and power.
It seemed like cars were the present trend and this trend had come to stay.

Then, Alexa's limo drove in, followed by Scarlet's Escalade, then Luke and Luna's bugatti and finally Jackson with his Jeep. It was indeed a school of fame.
As they drove into an empty park space in that order, it seemed like the time had stopped and all eyes fell on them, the perfect attention.
Each of them putting on their shades and Luna sipping from her cup of sassy, the doors opened and feet were seen.
The whole parking lot was staring at them, was it them or the cars that they were staring at.

Just as they were about to walk, someone hunked making the crowd to divert their attention towards the source.
Lo, it was a blue 2020 Ferrari model. Even a woah slipped from Jackson's lip.
Before anyone could say anything, the door opened and a young girl stepped out of the car looking all glitchy and over pampered.

"Hey! Don't you know that's my space huh?" She started, moving closer to them and standing in front of Scarlet. Impressive height though.
Scarlet was lost in awe.
Why must this kinda things always happen

"Well,it's not like I saw a name or an inscription here. It was an empty space so I decided to park here." Scarlet answered her as he cocked a grin on his face.

"And besides,if you didn't want anyone to take your spot, you should have arrived to school on time. It's called being punctual" Luna added, lowering her shades to take a proper look at this spoilt brat.
At this point, she was furious and they were driving her insane.

"Umm,if you don't mind we need to get to class" Luke smiled at her before stepping out with his luggageband the others following with Luna last.

"A word of advice, your contour is way too overboard"Luna whispered to her when she was close enough.

With that, they all headed into the school building.
On entering, they met a guy who you could call a tour guide.
He handed them a booklet and a key to each of them.

"The booklet is your schedule for the week, and the keys are to your working space. Enjoy!"
With that,he left.

**
Waking up the next morning, the crew went out for a run which they all needed if they wanted to engage in the combat classes.
It was part of the test.
Returning to their dorms and taking a shower, they dressed up for the day ahead.

*LUKE* a possible POV
Luke walked into the cuisine class. They were all standing and a man stood at the front, obviously the teacher.

"So, tomorrow we're expecting the Prime Minister here and we want him to remember forever,the taste we gave him here. We will be making a six course meal and this meals will be made by six of you who can prove to me that they have the talent to make mouths water"
The older man addressed.
Luke didn't seem much interested in what he was saying until he noticed that all eyes were on him.
Why y'all staring at me, do I make you insecure?
Luke thought in his mind.
It's not like I'm trying to brag huh, but y'all can't compete with me.

"I'll point twelve of you, a pair to make the same dish. Whoever wins each dish gets to cook it tomorrow. So let's begin."
Having selected eleven people already,the man still couldn't make up his mind on who to complete the task with.
Then his eyes fell on me,who was innocently lost in thoughts of my life. Jerking me out of my trance, he dragged my arm out towards the stage where the rest were.
"Now each of you should turn and face whoever it is beside you."
I turned and faced him... oh! A guy.
He was black and tall. He must really workout as I drolled on those biceps.
Snapping out of it before it got too awkward, I glared into his eyes and he had the nerves to glare back.
We moved to stand behind our cooking counters.
"Now, you all are making six Italian cuisines. The first pair will try to make a Lasagna, the second a Gelato,the third a panzanella, the fourth...pizza, the fifth focaccia and then finally, a spaghetti ala carbonara. Let the cooking begin!, You have thirty minutes"

So we were tasked to make the hardest of them all.
Italian dishes were worry to me,but spaghetti was torture.
I glanced over my shoulder to look at my competition. He didn't seem to have the worry I had on my face. I rushed towards the pantry and grabbed two packs of pasta and emptied them unbroken into the boiling pot.
With panic written all over my demeanor, I resolved to telling myself that I could pass this.
Running back to the pantry, I grabbed bacon and returned to the counter.
With a heating oil pan, I poured the bacon inside.
A look at the clock, ten minutes had passed.
Checking the pasta, I drained the water and poured the already cooked pasta into the pan of bacon.
Back at the pantry, I grabbed four eggs, cream and parmesan.
I whisked the cream and parmesan into a jug and broke the eggs into it.
Whisking this, I remembered my dad and how he always loved cooking.
With a smile plastered on my face,I added the mixture into the pasta and stirred it on fire.
Few minutes later, I put off the heat and rushed to the pantry to grab the plates. The time was far spent and we had less than three minutes to plate the food.
I grabbed the plate, dished the spaghetti in it and added a single leaf of lettuce. Just as I finished that, the alarm went off.
**
Having tasted all the dishes except the last, the teacher was not really thrilled with the results.
Stepping towards Luke and his partner, he beheld the sight.
Digging into the other guys dish, he moaned into the fork like he was in heaven. Luke rolled his eyes at that.
Standing before Luke's dish, he took a fork and took the food into his mouth.
For a complete twenty seconds, he didn't remove the fork from his mouth.
After he finally did, a smile appeared on his face.
"The both of you are damn geniuses" He commended as he walked pass them.
***
"...and my conclusion is that, instead of six students preparing six meals and messing it up because it's their first time, two students will do that because they've impressed me with a first try. Luke and Mason, meet me in my office, we need to discuss the events of tomorrow.

So his name was Mason, my competitor.
Maybe being a partner isn't so bad.
Sometimes, give room for acceptance not always rivalry.

With that, I turned to face him, he gave me a cocky smile and I returned it.

*******†**†*‡*******†*********★

Yo!!!!
Yes, I can cook and I'm proud
Read||comment||Vote

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Oct 09, 2021 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

SCARLETजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें