end

— Epilogue —

"Hyung!"

Mark sighed loudly, turning in the bed at Donghyuck's call. The younger's heart was beating quickly in his chest as he stared on his phone.

"What is it, baby?" Mark asked him. As always Donghyuck's heart fluttered at the petname. Even though he should have grown accustomed to it by now, after months, years of dating, it still gave him the familiar butterflies in his stomach.

He raised his head, looking at Mark who had his hair all splayed over the pillow. He looked adorable right now and Donghyuck guessed he had pulled the man out of his afternoon nap.

"We've made news." Donghyuck told him, happily skipping over to the bed. Mark only hummed, closing his eyes again as he said "Again?" in his most raspy morning voice.

"Yeah, they saw us shopping for rings." Donghyuck nodded and nudged Mark's arm. The latter opened his eyes, squinting at the tweet Donghyuck was showing him proudly.

 The latter opened his eyes, squinting at the tweet Donghyuck was showing him proudly

Mark chuckled, reading the news about them buying their rings together. They were in fact not engagement rings, neither Mark nor Donghyuck were ready for that yet, but promise rings. It had been Mark's idea which Donghyuck had joyfully agreed to because he loved it when Mark wanted to show off that they were a couple.

It had been a month, maybe two since they outed their relationship to the public. After all their members and managers had shown nothing but support it had taken them another few months.

It had been an accident rather than planned when Donghyuck had cupped Mark's cheeks at an airport and Mark had leaned in. The shock after the realisation had been big, for Mark and Donghyuck as well as the other members with them. But after countless days of anxiety, fear and avoiding the news at all costs, life had slowly gotten more normal.

They weren't allowed to be out in public only the two of them and they were still separated as much as possible by their managers (company's order) to avoid as much hate as possible. Donghyuck had still seen those comments though, the death threats, the mocking of their relationship. He knew Mark was affected even worse because he could effortlessly read the hate in English as well.

It had been hard, yes, but it had gotten better. Not to mention the amount of support they had received as well. Praises and sweet messages left by korean and international fans on their social media had made the whole process a lot more easier. And by now, weeks, months after their reveal Donghyuck didn't care anymore. So what if he was in love with Mark who just so happened to be a man? Mark was fucking hot, who could blame him?

Just like right now where he just wrapped his arm around Donghyuck's neck and pulled him down to kiss his forehead. Donghyuck squealed but let the older man have his will, dropping his body.

"Wanna come back under the blanket?" Mark asked him and he nodded eagerly, missing Mark's inviting body warmth from the night in which they had shared the bed.