19

— Chapter Nineteen —

Donghyuck stayed with Johnny, actually falling asleep once more in the bed that he had used for over a year. He had only moved out after New Year's Eve because from then on he and Mark were to focus on NCT Dream and the Hot Sauce comeback. Since they weren't allowed to travel to Japan yet, the Loveholic album hadn't been their company's priority and Dongyhyuck could understand why. He, just like everyone else, had been so excited to see all seven members of NCT Dream reunited and it had been just so refreshing to move back in with the Dreamies, Sungchan and Shotaro who were all so much more youthful than his hyungs. As much as Donghyuck loved his NCT 127 members, the Dreamies were just home to him.

For now though, just staying in his old room brought back lots of memories. Many late nights he spent gaming with the older members, so many food delivery orders, so many times he and Johnny had goofed around.

Just like when Donghyuck woke up from his little nap and Johnny was still there, giving the younger an amused smile while he rose up from the bed.

"You know, Taeyong is still waiting outside for you." Johnny told him and Donghyuck sighed. It earned him a laugh from his hyung who then helped, or rather pushed, him through the door because they both knew that Donghyuck should not further delay his conversation with Taeyong.

Indeed the man sat at their dinner table, looking up when he heard Donghyuck's footsteps. They were rather soft and Donghyuck was for once actually hesitant to talk to Taeyong. He knew he didn't have to be scared but he still somehow felt tense when sitting down on the other side of the table, in front of Taeyon.

"Hey Chanie." Taeyong greeted him with a warm smile which automatically caused Donghyuck to feel at least a little better.

"Hi hyung." he said and then again started chewing on his nails. He really needed to get rid of this annoying habit, he decided and put his hand back down. Taeyong cleared his throat and then said "Haechanie, I'm worried for you. We all know how much you love practicing and how hardworking you are but you should not risk your health for it. There is a reason why we have limited practice hours."

A lump started to form in Donghyuck's throat. Hearing words like these from Taeyong who was very hardworking himself and took great care of the members, it just hit him differently. Luckily he managed to blink away the tears and mumbled "I'm sorry, hyung. It's just I have a lot on my mind right now and practicing is such a good escape."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

Donghyuck looked up, meeting Taeyong's eyes as he considered the offer. He would love to rant to Taeyong but the man had already so much on his mind and Donghyuck didn't want to bother him so in the end he just shook his head.

"Alright, I respect that. Just now that we're all here for you, okay? If you don't want to talk about it with me, you know Johnny, Doyoung, Mark, they will all listen to you."

"Thank you" Donghyuck bowed his head slightly, just out of habit "I'm good though, don't worry, hyung."

"Okay." Taeyong's voice didn't sound completely convinced but he didn't dive any deeper into the topic and instead said "Now I'm sure Mark has already told you and you should know it as well but please tell someone if you're going somewhere alone late at night. I understand that you're a grown man and nobody wants to take that from you but you are an idol after all and it can get risky at times."

Donghyuck knew that. Many times his life had proven itself to be rather dangerous due to his job. Whether it be sasangs or people mobbing them at the airport, it was all rather unpleasant and definitely a downside to being a celebrity.