2

— Chapter Two —

The next morning, Donghyuck rose up and visited Sungchan's room. He felt bad for not hanging out with the boy like he had promised yesterday so now the two were playing games together on their phones.

"Hyung, for any plans for today?" Sungchan asked him and Donghyuck shook his head in response. Their unit was done promoting so now they only had the award season left. But Donghyuck already knew after that there would be another NCT Dream comeback, this time with Mark to everyone's delight.

Donghyuck felt bad for Sungchan and Shotaro though. Right now they still had the same schedules and it was easy to hang out, however when the comeback approached, all the Dream members would be way too busy to pay the two new members any mind outside of their dorm living situation.

"Mark-hyung said he will visit us later." Shotaro chirped in, his body lazily draped over his bed. He still seemed sleepy, probably from his Make A Wish promotions.

"Oh, nice. Jaemin-hyung said he will cook for us so we don't have to worry about it." Sungchan noted and then cursed under his breath when Donghyuck managed to kill his character in the video game.

Shotaro giggled at his roommate, his eyes forming into crescent moons almost like Jeno's did. Donghyuck loved Shotaro's smile, it was just too cute to resist. But of course he didn't want to scare Shotaro off so he kept calm and didn't coo as loud as he usually would.

A short while after. Mark arrived true to Sungchan's words. Donghyuck told him hello but Mark was busy talking with Renjun at the kitchen counter so Donghyuck just made his coffee next to them, barely listening to their conversation.

Afterwards he sat down at the table, sipping from the hot liquid. Jaemin and Sungchan were happily playing a video game on the couch, Shotaro, Jeno and Jisung were all still in their rooms and Mark and Renjun were talking next to him.

Donghyuck watched the last two interact but did not interfere with their conversation. Renjun was currently complaining about Jisung's sleeping habits and Mark listened attentively, laughing occasionally when Renjun would say something particularly annoying or funny about his roommate's behaviour when asleep.

Mark would also ruffle Renjun's hair, the latter laughing but scolding Mark. Donghyuck laughed at his reaction, Renjun just being too cute for him to handle. And yet, he also felt a jab in his chest.

Why did Mark never do this to him? Why was it that with Donghyuck he would only hit him when laughing or maybe an occasional hug but Donghyuck never had reached the level of intimacy with Mark that the latter was sharing with Renjun right now.

Donghyuck averted his eyes from the two, tuning back into Jaemin's conversation with Sungchan. The two had been sitting on the couch this whole time and Donghyuck stood up, wanting to join them.

However Mark held onto his shirt, holding him back. Donghyuck looked at him, seeing Mark's tired eyes. Those pretty doe eyes which Donghyuck liked so very much. He had never told Mark that but maybe his eyes were Donghyuck's favourite feature on Mark's face. The way they so effortlessly portrayed his emotions, making the man so easy to read. To Donghyuck that was, maybe to others not so much.

Donghyuck blinked a few times, just looking into Mark's brown eyes before stepping back. Mark's hand dropped and so did any possibility of conversation.

However Mark held out his full arm now, ready for Donghyuck to pull him out of his chair. Renjun laughed at the dramatic pose and Mark smiled at him.

It hurt. Damn, it hurt to see how Mark would smile at Renjun but not at him. Donghyuck just was so tired of Mark rejecting him all the time and somehow the man smiling at Renjun riled Donghyuck up even more. So he ignored the man's extended arm and sat down next to Sungchan.