20

— Chapter Twenty —

To proceed with his plan, Donghyuck decided to make Mark jealous. Not just a little bit, nope. Seriously jealous because he knew that this was something that would work. Especially with Jeno but with Renjun also. Now thinking about it, wasn't it weird how Mark always declared Donghyuck as his own? Especially since Donghyuck wasn't.

Well, it was definitely something Donghyuck would use to his advantage. The next day at practice, Donghyuck stood through the scolding of their instructor who he knew could never be actually mad at him because he was just way too whipped. To be fair, a lot of dance instructors were whipped for Donghyuck. Many of them he knew ever since he had come here as a child and they all viewed him as the witty but insanely talented kid that made it. Donghyuck and Jeno were always the instructors' favourites while Jaemin and Mark more shined in the studio, getting praised by their producers left and right.

It was validation that they all had needed when they were younger and now was boosting their ego. All of the Dreamies knew of their talent but being praised felt good nonetheless. So when Donghyuck shined at practice due to the hours in the studio that night, he beamed when their dance instructor praised him, still giving him a frown though when Donghyuck winced at some movements.

Donghyuck simply endured his body's aching. It was so satisfying, giving him even more sense of validation and assurance that he was doing his best and not slacking off.

Upon returning to the dorms though he felt the pain. His sore muscles that were yearning for rest. Jeno however had invited him to play games and Donghyuck could never resist that. Since Jeno had recently gotten a Nintendo Switch, the two sat together on Jeno's bed in his and Jaemin's shared room. Jaemin was out in the kitchen, cooking for Jisung so they could be as loud as they wanted.

Now watching Jeno, Donghyuck got an idea for his little plan. He turned to Jeno, snuggling into his side and saying in an aegyo-like voice "Can I have one of your hoodies please?"

Jeno snorted, jerking his head away. "You take them anyway, no matter what I say. So go ahead."

Donghyuck grinned, having predicted an reaction similar to this. Jeno was really a reliable friend and he never cared for the other members taking his clothes. Something that came in handy right now.

Donghyuck stood up, rummaging through Jeno's closet as the older finished up the game by himself. Then he watched Donghyuck throw on his biggest hoodie. Due to their height difference and the fact that Jeno was ripped, the hoodie looked way too big on Donghyuck. He had sweater paws without even trying and the hoodie almost reached over his shorts.

"Thanks Nono." he told the older who only hummed dismissively, not caring whatsoever. Someone else however did.

Jaemin had told Donghyuck over text during practice to invite Mark over for dinner and Donghyuck had told Mark. So now when he and Jeno stepped out of the room, the oldest of the members was already sitting at the table and chatting with Jisung.

"Hey guys! Hope we're not too late." Donghyuck said, running his hand through his hair. It didn't matter as the brown strands fell back into his eyes anyway but at least an attempt was made. Jeno behind him pressed his hand against Donghyuck's back, the pressure enough to make Donghyuck step forward. They sat down next to Mark and Donghyuck grinned as he now had Mark on his one and Jeno on his other side. This could not get any better.

Renjun and Shotaro appeared soon afterwards. Chenle was at home and Sungchan was out with Jungwoo so they all started eating. Jaemin asked Donghyuck and Mark about their practice and all went well. Renjun sleepily announced that he would go to bed early and Donghyuck couldn't help but coo at him. He went over to Renjun's seat, hugging the man from behind.