5

— Chapter Five —

One week. That's how long Donghyuck managed to pull through with his plan. During this time he only watched from afar as Mark accepted the other members skin-ship like cupping Renjun's cheek and letting Jeno massage him. They were all glued to Mark with Donghyuck being the only exception.

"Haechannie?" Mark called him out one day in the practice room. He looked a bit better than before and Donghyuck, mildly amused, noticed the man's moustache.

"What is it?" he asked.

"Can you teach me the Boom choreo? You're the best at it anyway."

Donghyuck halted in his movements, staring at the older who had complimented him so smoothly. Donghyuck also noticed how Mark's eyes scanned his body and suddenly he regretted his decision of wearing a tight black shirt with his adidas pants today.

"Uh, sure." he agreed and Mark smiled happily. Donghyuck's heart hurt at the sight, feeling so content that Mark was doing a little better now.

"You know half of it already anyway." he said to not let a silence grow on them and the older hummed while putting on his much beloved dark blue beanie. Donghyuck himself got his black jacket before the two stood in front of the mirror.

Donghyuck's eyes met Mark's in the mirror and the older again scanned Donghyuck's body up and down, almost as if he was checking him out.

The younger cleared his throat, feeling a little flustered before saying "Let's begin."

He taught Mark the moves with ease, seeing as Mark indeed already knew a big chunk of the choreography anyway. Donghyuck admired how smooth Mark's body moved without even trying, he had no problems keeping up and copying Donghyuck's movements at all. The older male was able to control his muscles with such precision that after an hour he danced like he had learned the choreography with Donghyuck and not from him.

It was impressive honestly and when Mark pulled his sweater off, leaving only the white shirt beneath to cover his torso, Donghyuck's eyes widened. He could faintly see the outline of Mark's chest against the fabric which wasn't tight at all, meaning Mark become more buddy that Donghyuck thought he did.

"Donghyuck-ah?" he heard his name get called out and shook his head, trying to get rid of his thoughts.

"Sorry, what is it?" Donghyuck finally looked away from Mark's body and instead met the man's eyes in the mirror.

"I called out your name like three times. Are you alright? You're not exhausted, are you?" Mark questioned and Donghyuck was quick to shake his head. He couldn't really tell the older that the reason he hadn't reacted was because he had been too busy staring.

It seemed though as if Mark had figured it out on his own already as he stepped next to Donghyuck and laid one arm over Donghyuck's shoulder, pressing their bodies against each other.

"Ow, Mark!" Donghyuck whined but relaxed in Mark's arms, the older laughing.

"Funny how you said you would reject me and now look at you." Mark joked but Donghyuck tensed immediately. Mark had just reminded him that he should not be giving into the older's antics.

"Whatever." he mumbled and turned his head away from Mark. If it had been the other way around, Donghyuck would have taken the opportunity to snuggle his head into the crook of Mark's neck but because Mark was Mark, he didn't do so.

"Anyway, how are you feeling about the comeback next week? No nervousness or anything, right?" the older asked, his arm around Donghyuck's shoulder loosening.