6

— Chapter Six —

Donghyuck gasped into the kiss in surprise. What the hell was happening? Was Mark kidding him? On the mouth? Why would he?

Questions Donghyuck couldn't answer. He felt Mark's lips move against his own so eagerly and smoothly. It felt so nice, so right and Donghyuck's mind went blank. He didn't respond, couldn't respond. It was as if his whole body was in shock. A shiver went down Donghyuck's spine and put his hands against Mark's chest. The man's lips slowed down, only slowly kissing Donghyuck now before completely pulling back.

It was silent when Mark looked at Donghyuck who was looking up at him with wide eyes. Donghyuck saw Mark's face which was in just as much confusion as he was.

"Hyung?" the younger asked quietly. He didn't follow up with a question but he didn't have to anyway.

"I'm sorry, Donghyuck." Mark whispered. He averted his eyes to the floor and stayed quiet. Donghyuck just let his body rest against the door, raising his hand to touch his lips in shock. He could feel the moisture, could taste Mark when he licked his lower lip.

"I should go." Mark said and cleared his throat afterwards. Donghyuck just let him as Mark pulled his body slightly back so he could exit through the door Donghyuck had been leaning against.

The door flew shut and the loud noise caused Donghyuck to flinch. But that wasn't the bad thing, it was the silence that followed. A silence that felt so awkward, so suffocating, so very much alone.

Donghyuck felt his legs give up under him and he slid down the door. Mark had kissed him. Like actually kissed him. Full on on the lips and with actual emotions and not just as a joke.

And Donghyuck had liked it. He didn't respond, maybe he would have if Mark had kissed him for a second longer. But Donghyuck would have kissed back, would have given in and let Mark take the lead as the older would taste Donghyuck's mouth.

He wanted it. Donghyuck realised he wanted Mark to kiss him.

Was it too late? Probably. Did Donghyuck care? No. He jumped to his feet, hastily grabbed one of Jeno's hoodies which was laying on the couch and then ran out of the apartment. The sasaeng was gone and so he sprinted to the elevator which he just saw closing.

"Hyung, wait!" he cried out. His eyes met Mark's through the closing space of the door but that brief eye contact was enough. Mark quickly leaned forward and pressed his foot into the gap, causing the elevator to open again.

Mark stepped out and Donghyuck ran up to him, slightly out of breath.

"Donghyuck, I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have." Mark said but Donghyuck shook his head. He grabbed Mark's arm and wordlessly dragged the man back with him to the apartment.

"What are you doing? Look, we can just forget this ever happened, alright?" Mark noted, voice so unsure that it made Donghyuck's heart hurt.

He opened the door again, both men stepped in and then Donghyuck closed the door shut behind them. They were in the position from just a few minutes ago except now Donghyuck gave Mark a small smile.

"H-hyung?" he stuttered out, feeling himself getting flustered at what he was about to ask. Mark hummed, looking down at Donghyuck with big eyes. He looked like he was about to cry and Donghyuck couldn't blame him. He kind of felt like crying too.

"Kiss me again." he spoke, voice unsteady but yet so sure that he needed to feel Mark's lips on his own one more time.

"What?" Mark asked. Donghyuck could see the man's pupils dilate in the dim moonlight as he stared down at Donghyuck in disbelief.