11- rules

"Okay." Mutters I.

-------------
C

hapter 11 : rules

"Eleanor?" I look up from the TV and see Riccardo standing next to the seat. I'm sitting with Valentino and Emilio watching TV.

"Yes?" I ask. Riccardo looks at me doubtfully for a moment and then quickly looks away.

"You should go to your brother." Oh wow nice and clear, now I really know which brother you mean. I think he sees the frown on my face because he sighs.

"Follow me." Says he gruffly. Before I can say anything he turns around and strides out of the living room. I send Valentino a confused look.

"Just follow him." Whispering softly, Valentino leans over and kisses me on the crown before looking at the TV again. Quickly I get up and follow Riccardo, who didn't wait for me and is already walking down the hallway. We walk down the hallway and Riccardo stops in front of a large brown door. He turns to me and I look at him questioningly. He doesn't make eye contact.

"I apologize to you." He says quickly. I open my mouth to say something but Riccardo knocks on the door and walks away. A frown gives way to my face. I apologize to you? Does he mean he's sorry? What is he even saying sorry for? I know he can't help that the door hit my head, he couldn't see that I was behind the door.

"Inside." Says an already ringing voice. Again the shivers go down my spine and the hairs on the back of my neck stand up from his voice. So stern. Hesitantly, I put my hand on the door handle. Why would he want to speak to me? Automatically I think of all the things I might have done wrong.

"Eleanor come on in." Says the voice again. I open the door and look around the room. I'm in an office. The wall is a beige color, there are cabinets with allround black folders. In the middle of the room is a large dark brown desk, behind which sits the man in the black suit with the same eyes and hair as me. He is writing on a paper, but looks up.

"Take a seat." He nods his head toward one of the red chairs in front of his desk. I close the door behind me and walk hesitantly into the large office. I take a seat on the red chair and look uncomfortably at my hands. Cautiously I look through my hair at the man in front of me. I know he is my brother, but I don't know who he is. What his name is. The man is still writing something down on the paper before he puts down his pen and looks up at me, his hands folded together on the desk.

"Eleanor, I haven't introduced myself yet. I'm Lorenzo and I'm your legal guardian." Explains Lorenzo. Again, a name that ends in the o. I nod my head as a sign that he can continue.

"I made you come here because I want to discuss some things with you, I'm your guardian, but because of my work I'm not home very often. Therefore, I have a few rules that you must follow so that it is easier for you and your brothers here." He explains. I frown my eyebrows. He's not going to be home often? So I have to listen to everyone else?

"Rule one, no matter what happens you always listen to your brothers, if they ask you to do something you do it." Lorenzo looks at me, he probably thinks I would interrupt him. But I don't.

"Rule two, you always show respect to us and then you earn respect back" that's kind of fair.

"rule three, your bedtime is at 10 every night during the week, on weekends you can stay up until midnight, but not a minute later." That late? Wow I was expecting to be in bed by 8 or something.

"Rule four, you do not, but never go near the iron door, understand?" Strictly Lorenzo looks at me. I quickly nod my head which just makes him look more strict.

"Rule five, you answer with words when we ask you something, no nodding or shaking your head." His voice sounds stricter now. I nod my head causing him to raise an eyebrow.

"Okay." I say quickly. Lorenzo nods.

"Okay and then don't curse, don't raise your voice to us, don't run in the house there will be accidents, if there is anything, even if it's just a spider then you come straight to one of your brothers. No drugs, alcohol is allowed when you are 21 and no sweethearts. If you do like someone then he or she must first be approved by your brothers." Strictly Lorenzo looks at me.

"Okay." I answer softly.

"Okay since you have no say in these rules you can go back to your brothers and watch another half hour of TV." Says Lorenzo. I nod my head and get up from the chair. I walk to the door and put my hand on the latch.

"Oh Eleanor." Says Lorenzo. I turn to him questioningly.

"Riccardo is very happy you're here, he just has a hard time letting people in." I nod my head and open the door.

"Goodnight Eleanor." Says Lorenzo still, before I close the door.

That wasn't so bad.

A/N: You probably didn't expect this! An update on a Monday! It's my birthday so I thought you deserved an update! This chapter is shorter than most, but yeah

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

A/N: You probably didn't expect this! An update on a Monday! It's my birthday so I thought you deserved an update! This chapter is shorter than most, but yeah. I'ts also a little boring, but the next chapter... oh thats gonna be something else. Hope you guys like it!

Btw i forgot what font i used for the part thing so its a new font!