Chapter 4

"Mine!" The word rang in the air and my eyes widened in fear, surprise, and curiosity at who the man was. I looked up at the man who entered the clearing and two things happened. 1) I realized that the amazing scent of coconut and fresh rain were coming from him and 2) my jaw almost dropped.

He was tall and muscular with a sharp chiseled jaw. He had a mop of brown hair on top of his head that looked so soft that you could compare it to a fluffy teddy bear. The muscles in his back and chest were tense as he looked around until they relaxed when his eyes landed on me. Oh my goddess, his eyes. They were an absolutely gorgeous green. The power around him buzzed with an aura that scared me. Overall, he was the most handsome man I had ever seen. The other man and the two wolves bowed their heads once they saw him.

"Alpha," the man addressed him.

Alpha! of course he's an alpha, but that only made my fear skyrocket. What if he gave them orders to kill me? Or would he just leave me here to die in pain? Oh my goddess, what's going to happen to me?

The handsome man glanced at them then his eyes immediately went back to me. His intense stare had me looking down. His eyes held frustration, curiosity, worry and so many other emotions.

He tried to move closer to me but at that moment a wave of pain went through me. It was the most pain I have ever felt. I howled loudly. The handsome man looked at me in concern. The pain lasted for a few more minutes and by then my throat hurt from howling so loudly and so much.

"Jared," the beta, Jared, looked up at the alpha, fear in his eyes. "What's wrong with her," he growled out his words.

"I don't know. She's been like this since we found her." The alpha growled again. He looked at me and I tried to back up but I howled once a strong pain went through out me. "Xavier," Jared spoke gently, "Maybe we should get one of the doctors over here." The alpha, Xavier as Jared had called him, growled. Why would they get their doctors? I'm just some rogue.

"She is mine!" Xavier's voice was loud, louder than Jared's when he yelled at me, and I coward in fear. What did he mean by his? I just wanted to get out of here.

"I know but maybe it's best-"

"Don't even say another word. I decide what will happen with her! Now get out of here. I'll mind link you if I need you." Jared bowed his head and he and the two wolves left.

After they left Xavier came closer and I whimpered in fear. I didn't want him to take another step closer. I was too scared for him to come closer.

"Can you shift?" his voice had a surprisingly calm tone to it. I shook my head the best I could but since I was already in pain I ended up whimpering in pain.

He tried stepping closer and I whimpered in fear for what seemed like the millionth time that day. From my past experiences every time someone scary and/or intimidating tries to come closer to you, you should try to get away before you get the crap beat out of you.

He stopped for a minute, giving me time to calm down, then tried stepping forward. I freaked out and tried scurrying away but fell and howled at the immense pain. I backed up into the tree, giving no room for him to sneak around me, and bit my cheek to stop myself from making any sound.

Xavier sighed and tried to move in front of me without scaring me into backing away from him. "It's okay little one," he said as came closer to me. I felt so tiny in his presence, especially in wolf form. He knelt down and tried to move closer but I whimpered and backed up more into the tree. He sighed again before trying again and I tired to put all my fears away as he once again reached out his hand.

I put my head down, hoping that if I couldn't see him, I wouldn't be scared. As I felt his hand on my back and felt tingles explode, I jumped but then relaxed as I got used to it. I calmed down more as he picked up my small frame and held me close before whispering into my ear, "What has happened to you little one?"