Chapter Thirteen: She Is The Sunlight

Start from the beginning

Her parents had threatened to come down for Christmas after she had told them that she would not be back for Christmas. She had managed to stop them from coming only when she explained that she would not be much company as she had Year 11 mock exams to prepare, lessons to do and a tonne of marking to do. They had asked her whether it had anything to do with the man in her life. She simply replied that he had plans with his parents and therefore she would be spending Christmas alone.  

In truth she was not sure she would be able to hold it together in front of her parents that she was fine and indeed loving London. If they questioned her about her new boyfriend, which she was sure they would. She was not sure how long she could hold it together without breaking and confessing just how messed up her life has become.

The best thing she could do was to stay here in her cold damp flat which was slowly eating at her soul and dive herself in to her marking and preparing for the term ahead.

LNLNLN

Lucas pressed the phone to his ear, he was getting sick to death with these cold callers. At first he thought that maybe it was Hayley picking up the phone needing him. But he soon realised it was not. Even the spy was not shielded from cold callers. But this one was different somehow, he could not place it. But it was not how the others had played out.

'You know if you keep phoning I will call the police' Lucas snapped.

'Why thanks Lucas' it was Dimitri, 'I was talking to you but I couldn't here you'

'Either my phone is playing up or yours is'

'Not sure will get Tariq to look at it'

'What did you want Dimitri?'

'Was just informing you that tonight is the school Christmas party'

'you have already told me that Dimitri, I thought we put in place that you were going to escort Hayley there and home as her 'Date'' As Lucas said that word he felt it get stuck in his throat. He did not like the prospect of Hayley going on a date with any other man apart from him even if it was a pretend one.

'Yes I know, I just wanted you to know I will keep her safe Lucas'

'Well if you don't you know I will have you killed'

'Funny Lucas'

'You think I am joking' he replied.

Dimitri laughed nervously and hung up.

LNLNLN

Hayley was wondering what to wear to the Christmas party she did not feel like dressing up. She was going with Dimitri talk about adding fuel to the fire. She had become aware over the last few weeks that there had been talk about him and her going around the department. About how much time they were spending together. If only the people in her department knew the reason why she was spending time with Dimitri she knew they would not think that she was sleeping with him. They would think that she was sad an unable to move on with her life.

She looked in her wardrobe pulling out a green dress; it looked a little Christmassy if anything tonight she would be able to get drunk which would be a highlight. She heard the gentle knocking at her door; she pulled on her coat and opened the door.

'Dimitri' she said, 'You are early'

'Sorry' Dimitri smiled, 'Thought we could get there early means we can go home early'

'I like the way you think Mr Levendis' Hayley nodded, 'was just thinking how I really didn't want to go tonight'

'Come on Hayley you deserve this after the term we have had, relax and forget about the world for a night' Dimitri smiled.