She was about to run back when she heard him.

"Hyejin?" Jay asked as he spotted her about to make a run for it.

"Sir, I just came out for some fresh air,  I couldn't sleep" she quickly came up with an excuse hoping he would believe her.

"Oh, it's alright I couldn't sleep either" he muttered.

Maybe the bed wasn't up to his usual standards, she thought.

"I'm going for a walk, would you like to come along?" he asked her after a moment of silence.

"Of course, might help me fall asleep" she said as they both walked to the gate.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why couldn't you sleep?" she asked breaking the comfortable silence.

"Uh I have insomnia at times" he replied back.

"Makes sense, I had insomnia when I came to Seoul too" she said.

"Why did you pick South Korea out of all the places in the world?" Jay asked her.

"I've been in love with this place since forever, I guess I just fell for the beautiful sights and handsome faces" she said as he gave a light chuckle.

It sounded beautiful.

"That must be an advantage with working as my secretary huh?" Jay teased as she burst out laughing.

"Yes it's been a big motivation to wake up every morning I won't lie" she told him.

"I know I'm not the most easy going boss I won't deny it" he said as the breeze started to pick up a bit.

"Your tough, rude, stubborn......" Hyejin listed as Jay waved his hand for her to stop.

"Okay okay I get it" he said as they both let out a laugh.

"I apologize for how rude and stubborn I've been, but don't expect me to suddenly change with this apology" Jay said as they took another turn.

"I wasn't planning on you to, it'd be weird, in fact this is weird" Hyejin said, her face forming a confused expression.

How did they go from 'rude boss' to 'sweet stranger'?

"Should I be offended that you find it weird for me to be nice?" Jay accused her.

"Take it however you want, I'm just saying that your not evil, just hard to work with, you even gave me that truck load or files to sort a couple weeks ago even when you knew I had a bad wrist" Hyejin snapped back.

"Okay I'll give you that, I was being petty, I noticed how slow you were that day then noticed the bruise later on" Jay said admitting defeat.

"Thank you for the massage though" she said gratefully.

"It's the least I could do, I didn't want my guilty conscience following me everywhere." Jay said as Hyejin turned to him, expression suddenly serious.

"You have a conscience?!" she asked shocked as she started laughing with Jay sending her a glare.

"Very funny Miss Hwang, but if you must know I do, I'm tough, not cruel" He said.

"I know you don't exactly like me, you have easy to read facial expressions" he continued as she a blush creep up on her.

"I wouldn't say I don't lik- no I actually I despised you since you called me fool the first time we met" Hyejin answered honestly.

"Yeah I deserve that, I'm not the nicest person ever" he said, his face not showing any signs of anger at what she said.

"Why did you choose me anyway?" she asked.

"I was actually impressed with your work when we spoke during the interview, you were highly qualified at felt like the best candidate, you felt comfortable" he replied truthfully.

How was she supposed to hate him now, tch.

"You don't have to like me, let's just keep working together, hm?" he held out his hand for her to shake.

She accepted it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They decided to head back once it started getting too cold, neither of them having worn a jacket.

They were about to go their separate ways when Jay turned to her.

"Tonight was nice" he said.

"It was" she replied before he went into his room.

She went into hers when she saw Jaeje walking out the bathroom.

"Where did you go to?" she asked laying back on her bed.

"Just the pool for fresh air" Hyejin replied, deciding she would keep the encounter between her and her boss to herself.

"Okay, night" Jaeje said falling back asleep.

Hyejin quickly got changed and laid on her bed, soon drifting off to sleep.