chapter 23

reminder that in chapter 14 hawk and miguel convinced johnny to let gina run the cobra kai instagram page

"Hey Sam, wanna go to the mall this weekend?" Gina asked while in between classes. Sam replied, "I can't this weekend, it's the all valley tournament. Gonna have to kick your boyfriend's ass!"

Gina rolled her eyes, "Yeah Hawk is the opposite of my boyfriend. We're literally back where we started, enemies." Sam agreed, "Boys are so immature. I like Miguel but he's so cringe sometimes. Anyways," she continued, "You should come!"

Gina raised her eyebrows, "Uh, to the tournament?"
"Yup. You can be there to support me and Robby. And it doesn't hurt that Hawk might get distracted by you... Would give us a small advantage."
"I'll bring Oliver too," Gina said sinisterly.

Day of the All Valley Tournament

"Why is she here?!" Hawk panicked.
"Oh uh... Sam invited her," Miguel told Hawk.
"And why the hell didn't you tell me?!"
"Sorry man. Honestly didn't think she'd have the balls to show up. But hey, this is your chance to show her what a badass you are!"

Hawk's nostrils flared, "She brought him too."
Miguel looked up to see Gina and Oliver holding hands and laughing.

During the match, Hawk was heavily distracted and he fell flat on his butt when fighting Robby. Gina didn't miss the chance to record this embarrassing moment. Later - hours after the tournament - she edited the video so that there was sound effects and better visuals to post on the Cobra Kai Instagram.

"We can't tell Sensei! You know how he's gonna react if he hears about it," Miguel told Hawk.

"I cant believe her! She's crazy. I will never forgive her," Hawk yelled.