chapter 22

hello hello!! i hope you're all doing well😁

"Smile guys! There you go," Oliver's mom told Oliver and Gina. Oliver's dad grabbed his shoulder, "Nice one bud." It was finally the night of the Sadie Hawkins Dance. "Have fun kids!" Oliver's parents told the pair as they walked out the door.

Oliver held Gina's hand leading her to his garage. Obviously it was expected that they would be riding in his motorcycle. But when he unlocked the vehicle door with his keys, it was a car that flashed lights.

"No motorcycle today?!" Gina said in awe. Oliver chuckled, "Nope! Didn't want to mess up your pretty hair."
"Ah, I appreciate that," Gina replied.

Once they got to the dance, it was already full of people. Gina told herself she didn't give a damn about Hawk but her eyes betrayed her by scanning the room for his bright red hair. She finally found him and his date on the dance floor. He's putting on quite the show isn't he, she chuckled in her mind.

Oliver placed his hand on the small of her back to lead her to a table. "I know this is cliche but would you like me to get you a drink?" Oliver asked once they sat. "Uh sure; thank you," Gina smiled.

Oliver was almost finished getting drinks once he felt a tap on his shoulder. Hawk.

"Out of the way new kid!" Hawk rudley yelled over the music. Oliver rolled his eyes but still kept a calm composure, "I've been at the school for over two months now, pretty sure I've shedded the 'new kid' label by now."
Hawk laughed in his face, "Is that why nobody knows your name?"
No point in arguing with this doofus.

Oliver simply shook his head and waved him off, "Sorry, don't want the ice to melt," as he walked away holding the drinks.
Hawk got in front of him and pushed the drinks out of his hand, "You know she's only with you to make me jealous right? You're nothing to her except a pawn."

"Oh yeah? Why don't you go back to your dojo little boy," Oliver took a step forward while looking down on him.
"You have way too much confidence saying that when I'd beat your ass."

Gina finally came to break up the fight, "Hawk leave him alone, jealousy isn't a good look on you." She grabbed Oliver's hand in a protective way and lead him back to the table.

"Ugh your drink!" Oliver said.
"I don't care about that nasty drink I care about you. Hawk is a handful, I'm sorry he got you involved in his little one-sided drama. Let's just have a good time," Gina said while rubbing his hand.

And they did have a good time, they ended the night with a slow dance and a kiss. Hawk saw the whole thing spying on them the whole time out of jealousy. Gina and Oliver were about to leave so when he saw Oliver leaving to the bathroom, he took that as an opportunity.

Gina was waiting outside for him when she saw Hawk walking towards her. "Are you done acting like a child now?" she asked.
Hawk ignored her question, "You're pathetic Gina. What we had was a mistake."

"Glad we agree about something. Now leave, Olly is probably about to come out right now and I don't want him to see the sight of your ugly face. Besides, where's your date? Shouldn't you be with her instead of antagonizing us..."
Hawk laughed, "I don't care about my date, I've learned not to care about anyone except myself.. And you have way too much confidence when you look like that."

Gina scoffed, "Really? You're resorting to physical insults. That's low Hawk even for you. I can see why your date doesn't want to be around you."

"I can see why your parents don't want to be around you. I mean it's obvious you want attention because you never get it at home," Hawk scoffed.

"You're sick. What even happened to you, I don't even know you anymore."

"You need to leave Hawk." Oliver finally came out of the bathroom. Hawk didn't budge and that was the final straw for Oliver, "LEAVE and don't ever come near her again."

He turned to Gina and softened his expression, "Let's leave."