chapter 7

omg i think i jinxed myself in the end of the last chapter cus lately i have been so busy but finally i had a bit of spare time😋

Gina opened her locker to find a gift from the school. She saw that she had gotten a heart shaped box of chocolates and a teddy bear. On the box there was a note taped that said "Happy valentine's day, you can call me something along the lines of a secret admirer and well, up for a bit of mystery? Leave your response with the librarian by the end of the week...or not. This way we can talk without all the superficial teenage romance things nowadays"
Gina gave a look to her right and left wondering if the person who sent that would be watching her. Yet everybody that surrounded her in the hallway seemed to be engrossed in their gifts they had received on behalf of their significant others.

"Should i even bother to respond? I dunno Sam I'm getting some stalker vibes here.." "It's up to you Gina, just do whatever you feel is right, though," Sam grinned, "I dunno it is kind of strange.."
"Right! That's what I'm saying like I don't want to get killed in my own home or something, on the other hand how dangerous could it be I mean they already know it's me, right?"
"Okay yeah just do it Gina, you need some adventure in your life to be honest." Gina gaped at Sam, "O.M.G what are you trying to say Sam?!" Gina responded sassily while rolling her eyes. Gina had affirmed in her mind that Sam was right and she was going to respond.

Hawk had been on Gina's mind a lot lately, and the same had been for him as well. In a way, he kind of felt bad for the way he treated Gina in her moment of vulnerability, on the other hand, "It was good I showed no mercy! Otherwise I would've been weak and disappointed Sensei" Hawk thought. He had also made these thoughts clear to Miguel who had expressed his disagreement to the lack of compassion Hawk showed. "I dunno man there's a difference between karate and actual life.." Miguel told him. "She had it coming." Hawk merely tried to justify his actions, not only to others but to himself as well. Miguel soon realized that trying to convince Hawk of his perspective was a dead end.

During their biology class, Gina decided that she would take a different seat than she always had always taken since the first day of school. "Hey, this is my seat!" a kid named Alex had bellowed at Gina. "I know, but it's really hot over there; and right under this seat is the air vent," Gina looked up and by chain reaction, Alex and his partner mirrored her. They didn't seem too convinced to give up their seats until Gina gave a rather bold hand gesture and yelled something that caused them to stumble backwards a bit on the way of making their way to Gina's previous choice of seating. "Jeez finally! Honestly why can't people have a bit of respect nowadays!" Gina complained. Sam decided she didn't have a response that was worth saying.

This of course didn't go unnoticed by Hawk, "Girls are so dramatic I swear," Hawk turned his head trying not to be seen but because of his mohawk it was quite obvious. Gina stared at him with absolute contempt. "Jeez Gina if looks could kill.." Sam grinned. "Hah, I wish!" Gina laughed.

Soon it was Friday which meant that Hawk would be checking the library for Gina's response. On his way to the library, his stomach swarmed with butterflies. His hands became sweaty and he flung them around trying to dry them. "Hello... ma'am," Hawk felt weird acting cordial with his mohawk, "Um I don't know if you remember me with the thing i uh, told you about but-" the librarian interjected and handed him a note, "Here." Hawk wasn't sure if he should thank her but due to his awkwardness, he decided to simply nod and make his way out the door.

His heart was pounding and he opened the note immediately as his feet left the library. "um dear person? i'm fine with this whole thing, my life needs some spice to it rn. can you tell me a few things ab you? nothing crazy i would just like to know your pronouns maybe and age? you can leave your note with the librarian by the end of monday."

Hawk's hands were shaking so much he had to fold the paper up in fear he might tear it. "Holy sh-"
"Well she was actually kinder than i thought she'd be" Hawk thought with an expression of content. He wasn't sure that this plan of his would work but nevertheless was quite glad it did.