chapter 16

Hawk was sick with a cold so he wasn't able to join Gina at school today. During biology, the seat on her right which was usually filled by Hawk was empty today.

She was on her phone with earbuds blasting her music waiting for the teacher to get started until she felt movement beside her. She looked to the right to see Oliver sitting next to her.

"I hope this seat isn't taken," Oliver smiled shyly.
"Oh, no. It's not today," Gina shrugged awkwardly.
"What are you listening to?"
Gina turned the screen of her phone to show a song by Lana Del Ray playing.
"This is kind of embarrassing I suppose as a guy, but I listen to her music too," he stated softly.
"There's nothing embarrassing about that! She has a really relaxing voice so I mean I can't blame you," Gina reassured him.
They continued talking for a while, whispering even when the teacher was teaching the class. Gina found it really easy to talk to Oliver.

They walked to math together, which was their next class. "So, do you have any cool hobbies?" Gina asked curiously.
"Yeah well I'm not sure if this counts as a hobby, but I ride a motorcycle."
"Omg, what that's literally so cool!" Gina said in awe.
"Well, if you want and if you trust me, I don't mind taking you on the back of my motorcycle," Oliver smiled.

Gina thought this over in her mind. Would Hawk mind? Well yeah. Most likely. But I only see Oliver as a friend so he has nothing to be worried about. I'll make sure to make this clear to him.

"Um duh! Can you take me later today?"
"Yeah, no prob."

Gina and Oliver waited until most of the cars were gone in the school parking lot.
Oliver put a helmet over Gina's head and very gently snapped it while carefully moving her hair out of her face.

"Wait, where's your helmet?" Gina asked him.
He tapped the helmet on her head, "Right here."
"Oh, no here you take it, it's yours."
"No it's okay, I have practice riding this while you don't," he shook his head.

They mounted the bike and Gina was forced to wrap her arms around Oliver's waist. She tried not to hold too tight but once the motorcycle started revving, she got frightened and held on to him as tight as possible. In response to this, Oliver laughed.

Gina thought she was prepared to go fast, but in reality she wasn't. But, she enjoyed the ride. She enjoyed the adrenaline rush and the cool wind in her face.

After Oliver parked and they got off, Gina yelled, "OMG THAT WAS SO GREAT!"
"We should do this again soon!"
"Thank you for taking me Oliver," Gina looked into his eyes. He simply smiled and gave her a warm hug.
Damn he smells so good, Gina said in her head.

But, Gina wasn't looking forward to telling Hawk about what happened.
Hopefully he doesn't get jealous.